tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 03-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #871
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So on a (somewhat) related note, I am looking at getting a Zone 3" spring lift and was planning on getting an adjustable track bar instead of moving the stock one. My concern after reviewing this thread I realized that I may need to be careful on which TB I go with. I have to confess 22 pages is a lot to read and since it is a pretty old thread what may have happened in the beginning may no longer be true.

My concern is with this lift I was going to get the RC adjustable track bar. Will it hit? Is there one that won't?

Also searching on the forum I realized I may have a worn bushing on my trackbar as I noticed (hard not to) going over railroad tracks yesterday that the whole front end wobbled until I slowed down so I may pick it up earlier. I haven't looked at it yet but will this afternoon.

rikkards is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #872
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
My concern is with this lift I was going to get the RC adjustable track bar. Will it hit? Is there one that won't?
post 837
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...l#post10930464
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #873
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well that sucks then. Although it doesn't mention if he had bumpstop extensions and looking at the kit it doesn't include any. The Zone 3" has 2" extensions so would it still? Reading futher it sounds like possibly not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Unread 03-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #874
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well that sucks then. Although it doesn't mention if he had bumpstop extensions and looking at the kit it doesn't include any. The Zone 3" has 2" extensions so would it still? Reading futher it sounds like possibly not?
If you run 2" bumpstop extensions the track bar to get is the Currie TJS or TJJ model.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #875
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have to confess 22 pages is a lot to read and since it is a pretty old thread what may have happened in the beginning may no longer be true.
This thread is so old it has gotten at least 1 post every day, sometimes over 20....

everthing in it still stands, no aftermarket part has been put into production that doesn't require a minimum of 2" extension, so, if your front shocks are less than 15.5" collapsed length, and you don't have 2" extensions, the bars will make contact during susension compression, it prematurely wears out hiems and or breaks them, even the 22mm Tre's don't survive repeated beatings. it doesn't matter if the bar is solid, what good is the 3/4" hiem in the end of it when it's scrubbing the cover adjusted out half way, the bar will flex and the threads will eventually bend and/or break.

I've already put the challenge out, I realize I'm just a NOBODY, but I at least check every thing in an unhurried meticulous manner with the springs removed before I call it good, If RC, JKS, Currie, Iron Rock, RE, BDS, or anyone I left out has one that fits with less than 2" bumpstop extension, I havent' seen it yet,

I will say JKS has one that fits with 1.5" extension and also clears a Riddler cover, I do not know the specific part# BUT if you run high steer, flipped TRE, or less than 1.5" extension it will flex the Tie Rod out as it passes and get hooked on it. I know this simply because one was sent to me and I tried it's fittment.
The other major complaint I have about aftermarket bars is the polly bushings. They may be fine for a street car you don't want flexing, but used on a jeep track bar or control arms where Flexibility is the goal, they wear out very fast and can harm the brackets and bolts. there is nothing better than factory molded rubber bushings in that application.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #876
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

THanks for the response makes sense.
In my case I am pretty much a once a month offroader so the Currie may be a bit overkill for what I need. Also my steering is stock except for the Durnago steering box. It too would be stock if the original hadn't started leaking.

So basically if I have 2" bumpstop extensions I should be ok with the RC, JKS as well as the Currie models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
This thread is so old it has gotten at least 1 post every day, sometimes over 20....

everthing in it still stands, no aftermarket part has been put into production that doesn't require a minimum of 2" extension, so, if your front shocks are less than 15.5" collapsed length, and you don't have 2" extensions, the bars will make contact during susension compression, it prematurely wears out hiems and or breaks them, even the 22mm Tre's don't survive repeated beatings. it doesn't matter if the bar is solid, what good is the 3/4" hiem in the end of it when it's scrubbing the cover adjusted out half way, the bar will flex and the threads will eventually bend and/or break.

I've already put the challenge out, I realize I'm just a NOBODY, but I at least check every thing in an unhurried meticulous manner with the springs removed before I call it good, If RC, JKS, Currie, Iron Rock, RE, BDS, or anyone I left out has one that fits with less than 2" bumpstop extension, I havent' seen it yet,

I will say JKS has one that fits with 1.5" extension and also clears a Riddler cover, I do not know the specific part# BUT if you run high steer, flipped TRE, or less than 1.5" extension it will flex the Tie Rod out as it passes and get hooked on it. I know this simply because one was sent to me and I tried it's fittment.
The other major complaint I have about aftermarket bars is the polly bushings. They may be fine for a street car you don't want flexing, but used on a jeep track bar or control arms where Flexibility is the goal, they wear out very fast and can harm the brackets and bolts. there is nothing better than factory molded rubber bushings in that application.
Unread 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #877
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered the Currie TJJ Track bar since I developed Death wobble.
Unread 03-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #878
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You got DW after you installed the Zone 3" lift? Did you replace the OEM steering stabilizer? Are the OEM bushings in your CA's worn out? Curious cause i didnt have ANY negative side effects of the Zone 3" kit....
Unread 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #879
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry have explained further. Not getting the Zone lift until next month (too much snow on the ground to do it in the driveway). I was entertaining getting an adjustable track bar instead of drilling but coincidentally I developed a bumpsteer last Thursday and today I exeperienced DW. The SS was replaced 2 years ago and I put in newer CAs (they were free) last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
You got DW after you installed the Zone 3" lift? Did you replace the OEM steering stabilizer? Are the OEM bushings in your CA's worn out? Curious cause i didnt have ANY negative side effects of the Zone 3" kit....
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #880
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #881
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry have explained further. Not getting the Zone lift until next month (too much snow on the ground to do it in the driveway). I was entertaining getting an adjustable track bar instead of drilling but coincidentally I developed a bumpsteer last Thursday and today I exeperienced DW. The SS was replaced 2 years ago and I put in newer CAs (they were free) last year.
Never assume DW is caused by the trackbar, check everything including tire pressure, ball joints, and unit bearings. tossing on a stabilizer is not a cure even tho many cases go away from a new one. if your CA's have polly bushings, they need to go. always use stock clevite type bushing for CA's unless you have JJ's or an equivilant type of flex joint. CA bushings are never the cause In my experience but do contribute....

lets not clutter this thread with DW Issues PLEASE

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-15-2011, 03:54 AM   #882
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry Checklist below:
Tire Pressure is fine
Ball Joints replaced 2 years ago and are fine
Unit bearings replaced 1-2 years ago
Didn't think it was the SS
Control Arms are stock
Oh and this explains Death wobble really well:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/g...wobble-966829/

Back on topic. (anyone else have questions or comments about above) PM me.

Decided to go with the Currie TJJ Track Bar since I am doing the Zone 3". It comes with the 2" bumpstop extensions. From what I have read on this forum especially in this thread the Currie Track Bars are best for not hitting the diff cover on lower lifts. Would have got the TJS but was able to find the TJJ for $20 more. Once I have it all together I will see about getting a picture of the clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
Never assume DW is caused by the trackbar, check everything including tire pressure, ball joints, and unit bearings. tossing on a stabilizer is not a cure even tho many cases go away from a new one. if your CA's have polly bushings, they need to go. always use stock clevite type bushing for CA's unless you have JJ's or an equivilant type of flex joint. CA bushings are never the cause In my experience but do contribute....
Unread 03-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #883
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rough country Track bar...... needs more bend to get around the stock diff cover, the Tj is sitting on 1" bumpstop extension. also needs another bend at the axle end to keep it from binding on the axle bracket.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #884
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

continued from yesterday.....

full compression, sitting on the bumpstop bell with the tires straight.

same as above but the steering is at full lock to the left...

this tells us we can't relocate the track bar bar bracket forward without having it run into the steering at full compression..

I use a stock track bar for reference when bending my bars.

1/2" axle end clevite.... compared to RC" polly two piece 10MM

The mix.... stock, JKS WJ, My hand bent, and RC

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #885
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

ok mudb8, when will that be available for us mere mortals? lol

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.