tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #841
RCXTREME

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on how old his is too. About a yr ago they changed the bends to clear for this issue.

RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #842
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can get better pics later on if you need them. But the side with the welded bushing end and smaller angle is at the frame side with the angle pointing up and the threaded side is at the axle mount with the longer threaded bushing you sent me. There's about 3.5 inches of uptravel before they contact
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #843
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just checked my emails and you shipped it to me last may
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #844
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME View Post
Depends on how old his is too. About a yr ago they changed the bends to clear for this issue.
take a coworker's TJ, install the track bar, move the lower control arms to 16.25" eye to eye, remove the springs, shocks and jounce bumper. lift the axle to the bumpstop cup....see where it hits first (tie-rod, diff cover, drag link, etc). change the design as necessary. if you think you get it figured out, send it to mudb8. i'd be happy to be a tester as well
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #845
SBG

OK, if given the choice, what would you choose? Currie's new bar http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=3488 or regular JKS bar. In have 3.5" up front, 4.5" in the rear, 2" bumps, 10" travel shocks, and the arms are adjusted about .5" out from stock. I can see a rub mark on my full traction bar which I happen to think is a weak link.
SBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #846
bonestockracing
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, lots of info here...

JKS bar only works with riddler covers with 2" bumpstop addition for 4" lifts.
New Currie works with riddler covers as long as shocks will accomidate.
/l ,[____], White Jeep Club Member #7171999
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
bonestockracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #847
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
I just checked my emails and you shipped it to me last may
Thats less than a year ago........
Unread 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #848
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

mudb8

with your 2.5" lift you ran the AEV trackbar kit with only 2" bumpstops and had no problems correct?
I plan on running a 3" spring and 3/4" spacer would the trackbar most likely be clear of hitting the diff cover. I will also be running the Rancho Rock Crawler fixed lower control arms and stock upper arms.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #849
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

See Like I said here. VVV .... If you want an adjustable tracbar so bad ..... Run 2" bumpstop extensions and viola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Motorbike View Post
I think thats the key to this whole dilemma .
I like so may others here have been confounded by this whole thing.

But its really simple.
It occurred to me a little while ago.....

Right now I have 13-1/2" collapsed length shocks on 2-3/4" of lift and am running 3/4" bumpstop extensions. I'm off center 3/8" which puts one tire of 3/4" more than the other.

3/4" seems like alot but its really 3/8" thats really not very much.

If you just do the rear with a bracket it won't look as bad...

And / Or
You could rework the stock to fit . re-bend , re-drill , cut and splice.
If you have the resources to do that then fine.( I think the stocker limits down travel though...)

But if you don't have the resources and just want to bolt on a store bought adjustable tracbar go to a 3" 3.5" to 4" lift in front.....

I mean if you are at 2" or 2.5" you probly should have 3/4" to 1" bumpstop spacers already...
So go one more inch on both the bumpstop and lift.
Same goes for the shock if you don't want to get different shocks just add a 1" spacer to the shocks then you don't loose any travel...

This was just a temp thing but it worked GOOD.
Two spacers is a little extreme but you get the idea...

Like Mud said if you want an adjustable trac bar put on the lift you need for it....... if you don't then live with it.... and just fix the back.... Simple.
Unread 02-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #850
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
mudb8

with your 2.5" lift you ran the AEV trackbar kit with only 2" bumpstops and had no problems correct?
I plan on running a 3" spring and 3/4" spacer would the trackbar most likely be clear of hitting the diff cover. I will also be running the Rancho Rock Crawler fixed lower control arms and stock upper arms.
lift height doesn't matter at all for the AEV track bar, It just needs a minimum of 2" bumpstop extension along with some tweeking to keep it off the diff.

My AEV/Nth Degree HD Track bar brace failed after I managed to bend it, it keept flexing and eventually broke, I had fixed it previously from the same problem. If you Use a 3" bumpstop extension It won't even come close to getting bent from the diff.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #851
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
lift height doesn't matter at all for the AEV track bar, It just needs a minimum of 2" bumpstop extension along with some tweeking to keep it off the diff.

My AEV/Nth Degree HD Track bar brace failed after I managed to bend it, it keept flexing and eventually broke, I had fixed it previously from the same problem. If you Use a 3" bumpstop extension It won't even come close to getting bent from the diff.
As far as modifying the brace would cutting the brace cause it to fail?
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #852
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewtj05 View Post
As far as modifying the brace would cutting the brace cause it to fail?
I would have to say you could trim it but you will also then need to brace the top that's cut out, leverage is the problem with it. the hollow top was for the Original FLAT plate steel track bar, Nth couldn't get any bushings that would last in the begining, then went to the 99-04 stock WJ track bar and aparently left the brace the same. the bushings nth quit using are essentially the same durometer two peice bushings most aftermarket track bars currently use, they saw the problem and discontinued use of them in favor of stock molded rubber bushings that nearly last forever and are much more flexible....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #853
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
I would have to say you could trim it but you will also then need to brace the top that's cut out, leverage is the problem with it. the hollow top was for the Original FLAT plate steel track bar, Nth couldn't get any bushings that would last in the begining, then went to the 99-04 stock WJ track bar and aparently left the brace the same. the bushings nth quit using are essentially the same durometer two peice bushings most aftermarket track bars currently use, they saw the problem and discontinued use of them in favor of stock molded rubber bushings that nearly last forever and are much more flexible....

Is it just the brace that is most likely going to cause problems rather than at the bracket where it attaches to the frame?
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #854
gophish822
2005 LJ Wrangler 

RC 3.25 on 05 LJ. Installed Currie 9120TJJ last night, no problems. Had to redrill upper frame on driver side with 5/8" and lower box on axle with 1/2". Craftsman Titanium drill bits ate up the metal like butter.

GRAVITY SUCKS! -Wife
gophish822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #855
B52dude
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So, just to recap, 'cause I don't have the time to read through 57 pages of stuff. I bought an older RC adjustable track bar for 0-3.5 inch lifts for a 2.25 inch lift up front. If I extend the bump stops 2 inches, I should be fine, right?

Red Jeep Club #614
B52dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.