tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #826
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
Keep it stock or redrill, if you are using shocks with a 13.5" or less collapsed length, use a 2" rear relocation bracket on the rear with the stock track bar.

If you use 10" travel shocks, you need at least 2" bumpstop extension, use a currie offset front trackbar.
Ok, thanks. I already have a 1.25" BL and MML (not installed yet). I am aiming for 33" tires.

So it seems like if I have:

OME 2.5" springs
N66 shocks front
N67 shocks rear

All that I need is a rear trackbar bracket. Nothing needed on the front.

And I ought to be able to get away with no bumpstop extension in the front, and maybe 1 - 1.25 inch in the rear.

Oh, and I want to go with a Currie Antirock, instead of disconnects.

Does that sound right?

Quote:
it's all in the thread......
Yes, it is all in here. I swear I have read the whole thing, but well... it is 55 pages long....

Thank you so much for the help.

greg_kulosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #827
pcoplin
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It would have perfect geometry if the Track bar was long enough to match the drag link......
So tell us how to make it match without relocating the coil buckets. Got any neat relocation mod for that?
Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #828
bms-3
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have JKS Adjustable Track Bar on my 97 TJ with 2 1/2" OME lift. It works just fine, even when disconnected. However, I added an ARB differential cover and the helm joint hit. Went back to stock diff cover and every thing is fine.
bms-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #829
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms-3 View Post
I have JKS Adjustable Track Bar on my 97 TJ with 2 1/2" OME lift. It works just fine, even when disconnected. However, I added an ARB differential cover and the helm joint hit. Went back to stock diff cover and every thing is fine.
you'll find otherwise if you post pics of the front end at full bump, with the springs removed.

and i've heard of heim joints, but never heard of helm joints....are they more nautical, or reminiscent of medieval crusades?
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #830
bms-3
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I take some pics......also, small keyboard...big thumbs!
bms-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #831
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoplin View Post
So tell us how to make it match without relocating the coil buckets. Got any neat relocation mod for that?
Yep, but I'm not sharing it YET.....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #832
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Motorbike View Post
I think thats the key to this whole dilemma .
I like so may others here have been confounded by this whole thing.

But its really simple.
It occurred to me a little while ago.....

Right now I have 13-1/2" collapsed length shocks on 2-3/4" of lift and am running 3/4" bumpstop extensions. I'm off center 3/8" which puts one tire of 3/4" more than the other.

3/4" seems like alot but its really 3/8" thats really not very much.

If you just do the rear with a bracket it won't look as bad...

And / Or
You could rework the stock to fit . re-bend , re-drill , cut and splice.
If you have the resources to do that then fine.( I think the stocker limits down travel though...)

the front stock track bar will bind up on the axle bracket with shocks over 8.5" travel. the rear is good for 14" travel shocks...

Now don't get the notion I'm pickin toy's, There's NO Track bar on it.... and it also has 14" travel bilsteins on it at all four corners.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #833
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep, but I'm not sharing it YET.....

Were tinkering with moving the coil-buckets back, allowing a straight shot to the knuckle - but were going to wait for the 9" front - too much work for a 30. It'll be easier to place the brackets anew. We briefly considered bending the bar around the bucket, but quickly discarded that idea, due to complication. Besides it's 90% now, which is better that 90% of the rigs out there.
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #834
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

So what are the limitations of the stock front track bar if you cut back the part of the axle mount where it hits?
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #835
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't checked into this thread for a while but today i have a good example. I have the rough country 0-3.5 inch track bar. at first the track bar they sent me wasn't long enough for their 3.25 kit. so instead of a heim on the axle end they sent me a bushing with a really long thread. so i figured i gained more then 3.5 inches for their track bar not to reach. I noticed the scratch on the diff right away but i thought i had done it when putting on and taking off the track bar and letting it fall when attached to the axle end. Now that my springs have sagged and under the right circumstances i have this...

_KONG_ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #836
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not good!^^^
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #837
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjjames View Post
Were tinkering with moving the coil-buckets back, allowing a straight shot to the knuckle - but were going to wait for the 9" front - too much work for a 30. It'll be easier to place the brackets anew. We briefly considered bending the bar around the bucket, but quickly discarded that idea, due to complication. Besides it's 90% now, which is better that 90% of the rigs out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHeath View Post
So what are the limitations of the stock front track bar if you cut back the part of the axle mount where it hits?
if you cut the bracket enough to keep the stock front bar from binding, you loose the stabilizer mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
I haven't checked into this thread for a while but today i have a good example. I have the rough country 0-3.5 inch track bar. at first the track bar they sent me wasn't long enough for their 3.25 kit. so instead of a heim on the axle end they sent me a bushing with a really long thread. so i figured i gained more then 3.5 inches for their track bar not to reach. I noticed the scratch on the diff right away but i thought i had done it when putting on and taking off the track bar and letting it fall when attached to the axle end. Now that my springs have sagged and under the right circumstances i have this...

Can't argue with that.... it has nothing to do with the springs sagging, it just takes a smaller bump.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 02-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #838
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Can't argue with that.... it has nothing to do with the springs sagging, it just takes a smaller bump.
yeah that's true. Ive noticed the scratch on the diff since the beginning but i thought i had done it while resting the track bar on the diff when installing it. but now i know for sure its hitting. It sucks since even Jeffrey told me himself it shouldn't hit.
_KONG_ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #839
RCXTREME

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Kong, cant see from your pics but what way do you have the bends on the trackbar?
RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #840
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME View Post
Kong, cant see from your pics but what way do you have the bends on the trackbar?
Doesn't matter which way you put it on, it still hits without bumpstop extension..... I have one of your track bars also

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.