tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #766
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
So Mudb8, does the Currie "offset" tracbar hit too, I know you said that the JKS one with the bend does but am unsure of the "new" currie one.

And MUD thanks for all the info BTW

SO "IF" i shipped you a stock TB could/would you "cure" it for me and how much would it cost?

OR should i try to cut/sleeve my spare stock TB?

Dont really want to redrill the axle bracket for fear of weakining the bracket itself...

PS: the front shocks i run are 24.66" extended and 14.79" collapsed. ZONE OFFROAD for a 3" Kit

I really wouldn't feel right making an attemp to rebend a track bar without the rig present to make sure it ends up where it needs to be... I don't have a jig or anything made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTeej View Post
So Mudb8, what's the cure-all? Does it need to be welded on? I've got a great welder here who does beautiful work, and I'd be more than happy to purchase the bracket from you (if it's what I think I saw you post).
the Cure all is basically custom mods.... this is one I built for another forum member using a currie joint, scrap metal and 1.25x.250w tubing.. which happens to also clear a ARB diff cover w/1" bumpstop extension.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #767
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

a couple days ago, I managed to finish off my Nth degree Frame brace..... LOL, don't even bother asking what I was doing since it was far from normal and I prolly have the only nth degree TT that's ever been bent! on the way to the shop monday the rubi was feeling a little squirley on the curves. It's my daily driver so I rarely ever have it torn apart for mods, At the end of the day I put in another half day fixing it, still retaining the WJ grand Cherokee Track bar the Nth Degree HD adjustable uses.

I use cardboard for everything... almost

the first attempt at a HD frame bracket wouldn't clear the upper CA or the diff housing at full stuff... but it looked good anyhow.

The revised edition...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #768
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
I really wouldn't feel right making an attemp to rebend a track bar without the rig present to make sure it ends up where it needs to be... I don't have a jig or anything made up.
I'm dissappointed to hear that. I was thinking about buying one on quadrtech for $65 and having it shipped directly to you so you could bend it and send it out to me. Would you be anymore comfortable cutting one in half and welding in a brace that makes it 1/4" longer?

EDIT: I suppose I could just wait two years. My wife and I are hoping to go out to Oregon on a vacation for our anniversary. Maybe this would be a good excuse to take the Jeep.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #769
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey mudd,what brand of CA's in the pic above use the Clevite bushings? do those hold up pretty good? Im in the market for a set of LCA's and dont wanna spend the extra loot for a JJ on both ends....
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #770
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey mudd,what brand of CA's in the pic above use the Clevite bushings? do those hold up pretty good? Im in the market for a set of LCA's and dont wanna spend the extra loot for a JJ on both ends....
assuming you mean the rear 28" mid arms I have thrown on there, which was a quicky after I mangled the stock lower frame mounts....
They are stock rear JK arms I cut in half and slid each end into tubing and welded the ends, the bushings are kinda a bastard to get in and out for welding tho. they actually flex out pretty well and I haven't ruined them YET.

I've done a bunch of JK lifts and happened to have several pairs of stock arms laying out back, the stupid looking frame mounts I have on there are remnants of an EZ-Lift hitch, I'll be relocating those soon since I have the TT on there now. I just used what I had without spending a dime.... as usual!

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 01-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #771
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
I'm dissappointed to hear that. I was thinking about buying one on quadrtech for $65 and having it shipped directly to you so you could bend it and send it out to me. Would you be anymore comfortable cutting one in half and welding in a brace that makes it 1/4" longer?

EDIT: I suppose I could just wait two years. My wife and I are hoping to go out to Oregon on a vacation for our anniversary. Maybe this would be a good excuse to take the Jeep.
your axle is 1/2" offcenter then?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 01-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #772
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE] I prolly have the only nth degree TT that's ever been bent! [QUOTE]

No your not, the parts jeep I bought has a bent & cracked 9th deg flat skid.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #773
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
your axle is 1/2" offcenter then?
Actually, I think it is about 3/8" of center, but I need to lift the front another 1/2" to be level with the rear. So I'm guessing it will move a little more. I would make sure to get you more accurate measurements before I did anything. Why do you ask? Is that unusual for a 2" lift, or will you consider doing something like that?
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #774
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^What he is saying is that you lengthen the trackbar half the amount the axle is off. If the axle is off 2" then you make the trackbar 1"longer. Ya see?
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #775
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds right I have a 2-3/4" lift on my Jeep , the tires are offset 3/4" or .75" that would require the track bar be lengthened 3/8" or .375"

It is actually the same for the rear on mine and it only has 2" lift there...

So it seems , I think , he knows ...
Unread 01-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #776
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^What he is saying is that you lengthen the trackbar half the amount the axle is off. If the axle is off 2" then you make the trackbar 1"longer. Ya see?
Yep. I knew that. But its good of you to point it out.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #777
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

mudb8. do you remember the diameter of the stock track bar? I'm going to cut them and sleeve them when i finish my 4" long arm in the near future, have everything ready except the currie jj's and trackbars lenghtened
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #778
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

or should i brace and redrill the axle side bracket?
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #779
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't that still leave the TRE on a pretty steep angle with 4" of lift compared to what it is designed to work at ?
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #780
securekey

I have been following along... interesting thread. I would like to add that I have the new BDS adjustable trac bar and it fits perfectly. I have a rubicon with a 2" lift. I tried... and there is no way possible it can hit the diff cover... I will try and post a few pics.

The shape of it is identical to the stock one... just had to re-drill the lower mount a bit larger.
securekey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.