tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 11-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #751
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
A seam or a bump in the road that could bottom out a pair of 2.5" progressive rate springs w3/4" spacers dampened by two OME L series shocks and bump stopped correctly thats on big seam in my book. Sorry have not encountered that yet or anything like it . I suppose anything is possible but I can't give you an answer to that.
If you think youve never fully compressed your probably mistaken.
Pull the springs and jounce bumpers, attach an empty beer can on your bumpstops, hit some speedbumps down at the mall and see how much it crushes the can.

TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #752
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got pulled away almost as soon as I got into the garage today but I did measure my N66L with the Jeep just sitting there and I may have a little more lift than I thought as it was 21" which may explain why I have not bottomed out the way some seem so determined I have without having a clue as to where I drive it.
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #753
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I got pulled away almost as soon as I got into the garage today but I did measure my N66L with the Jeep just sitting there and I may have a little more lift than I thought as it was 21" which may explain why I have not bottomed out the way some seem so determined I have without having a clue as to where I drive it.
N66L shocks require 2" bumpstop extension no matter how high the lift is.... which is enough to keep some aftermarket bars from hitting covers at full compression.

you'll only have up to 5.5" uptravel with the 2.5" lift dejpending on the actual amount the springs lifted the rig.. a bone stock TJ has 4"

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #754
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonfly View Post
Pull the springs and jounce bumpers, attach an empty beer can on your bumpstops, hit some speedbumps down at the mall and see how much it crushes the can.
Quote:
A seam or a bump in the road that could bottom out a pair of 2.5" progressive rate springs w3/4" spacers dampened by two OME L series shocks and bump stopped correctly thats on big seam in my book. Sorry have not encountered that yet or anything like it . I suppose anything is possible but I can't give you an answer to that.
thats a smaller bump in the road than a pair of n66 standard shocks will take due to the higher amount of bumpstop extension required by the long N66L's....

I'll have more time later to set you straight... or you could read the thread a little better along with some other links in my sig, then you'll understand how things work...

some one posted, "who am I to say the manufacture is wrong about fittment"... LOL that exactly what this thread has proven and lead to the development of the currie offset track bar and JKS trying to make a new bend which also didn't work due to interference with the tie rod...

jacking up one side to check clearances tells you absolutely nothing concerning the track bar.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #755
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
off topic:
some more optimizations : solid Moog ZJ tierod, :
v8 ZJ..... tie rod that is...
6cyl is the same as the TJ.

a WJ Track bar is worth the time as far as "optimization" goes.... but requires a custom frame side mount and a 7/16" drill bit through the Axle bracket.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #756
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonfly View Post
exactly.... I tend to just put zip ties on the shock shaft, when they dissappear,

you know you have a problem

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #757
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dirt- View Post
Couldn't a seam or bump in the road that compresses both springs cause the same scenario? In fact I think it would be worse since it would be at speed instead of slowly crawling...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #758
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If any one would like that same model bar I have one with maybe 400 miles on it . It does have a bracket that only provides a mount for a bushing instead of the OE TRE, not anything that requires a DPA liketheir 4" and higher Tbar which does require a DPA . The frame mount moves the bar forward of the OE mount and the bar has a curve to it which should clear the cover .
so it clears the cover now.... and hits the tie rod instead, what's worse?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #759
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you mudb8 as while back you had mentioned to me when I was installing a JKS track bar that I should be bumpstopped 2.5" because of it . In which case that pretty much explains to some that I am not bottoming out my N66L's that only require 2" then, save me some time . As I said earlier nothing hits, binds ,tops or bottoms out , still no complaints from me . Continue your track bar search I will try not to start any more confusion or maybe it was just me . sucks gett'n old
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #760
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you mudb8 as while back you had mentioned to me when I was installing a JKS track bar that I should be bumpstopped 2.5" because of it . In which case that pretty much explains to some that I am not bottoming out my N66L's that only require 2" then, save me some time . As I said earlier nothing hits, binds ,tops or bottoms out , still no complaints from me . Continue your track bar search I will try not to start any more confusion or maybe it was just me . sucks gett'n old

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #761
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So for now the "best" thing for me to do with a 3" lift on the front is to just live with the offset axle and run my stock tracbar?

I still think that you/I could put a line running the length of the stock bar cut it, space it 1/2 the distance my axle is off, line up my "drawn line" and sleeve it with some DOM or heavy walled pipe.

WILL THIS WORK or should i leave it alone and run the stocker till someone comes out with a "real deal" tracbar???

Last edited by EricsGreen98Tj; 11-25-2010 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: decided not to run the spacers
EricsGreen98Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #762
RedTeej
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
So for now the "best" thing for me to do with a 3" lift on the front is to just live with the offset axle and run my stock tracbar?

I still think that you/I could put a line running the length of the stock bar cut it, space it 1/2 the distance my axle is off, line up my "drawn line" and sleeve it with some DOM or heavy walled pipe.

WILL THIS WORK or should i leave it alone and run the stocker till someone comes out with a "real deal" tracbar???

I think 3" is reaching the point to where the axle will be too far offset to simply run the stock track bar. From what I know, you'll run into wear and tear issues with your ties because of the axle's offset.

I'm taking this problem serious enough to go from my RC 2.5 (with 1.75" spacer in front) down to a OME 2" lift due, in part, to being able to run the stock track bar. Someone needs to step up, build a cure-all solid track bar and spread the word about this issue-and retire a wealthy man.
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #763
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I aint done answering one and some one finds fault with another post already what'd I do ....... all I was getting at was, Yes it has a bracket but not what would be considered a drop bracket which would require a drop pitman . I thought that was where the thread was heading so I brought that up ,nothing to do with what is next on the list of items it could contact . I just described the bar not misslead any one you are reading way to much into just a description of what a bar looks like . I never said this was theTrack bar you have been searching for .
I should'a known that was gonna hurt feelings, Sorry, I know I can be Jerk and I shoulda used the smilely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post

I cut and sleeve alot of bars mostly so I can also bend the axle end to keep it from binding up in the bracket..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTeej View Post
I think 3" is reaching the point to where the axle will be too far offset to simply run the stock track bar. From what I know, you'll run into wear and tear issues with your ties because of the axle's offset.

I'm taking this problem serious enough to go from my RC 2.5 (with 1.75" spacer in front) down to a OME 2" lift due, in part, to being able to run the stock track bar. Someone needs to step up, build a cure-all solid track bar and spread the word about this issue-and retire a wealthy man.
the 3" is generally high enough to redrill the bracket without ill effects other than binding up on the axle bracket with 9" travel shocks.

having the axles off center isn't gonna cause a tire wear problem as long as the camber and toe in are correct, the front axle sticks out the left and the rear sticks out the right without correction.

BTW.... I pretty much have the "cure all" and I'll be darned If I can't give em away. It's fairly labor intensive to install what I've been doing but they don't flex and I haven't bent one yet. I don't exactly have a pattern to go with since I just build and install em one at a time.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 11-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #764
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So Mudb8, does the Currie "offset" tracbar hit too, I know you said that the JKS one with the bend does but am unsure of the "new" currie one.

And MUD thanks for all the info BTW

SO "IF" i shipped you a stock TB could/would you "cure" it for me and how much would it cost?

OR should i try to cut/sleeve my spare stock TB?

Dont really want to redrill the axle bracket for fear of weakining the bracket itself...

PS: the front shocks i run are 24.66" extended and 14.79" collapsed. ZONE OFFROAD for a 3" Kit

Last edited by EricsGreen98Tj; 11-26-2010 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: more questions for MUD
EricsGreen98Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #765
RedTeej
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So Mudb8, what's the cure-all? Does it need to be welded on? I've got a great welder here who does beautiful work, and I'd be more than happy to purchase the bracket from you (if it's what I think I saw you post).

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.