tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #61
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

rubidriver,
what model JKS track bar do you have? what modifications have you done to prevent the track bar from hitting?

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #62
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
rubidriver,
what model JKS track bar do you have? what modifications have you done to prevent the track bar from hitting?
Thats an OGS 126 if I remember correctly. I have the OME 933's up front with a 3/4" spacer. RE's 2" bumpstop and the 3/4"(?) bumpstop that OME sends with their springs. All that equates to no rub, and also not having overly excessive bumpstop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #63
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Thats an OGS 126 if I remember correctly. I have the OME 933's up front with a 3/4" spacer. RE's 2" bumpstop and the 3/4"(?) bumpstop that OME sends with their springs. All that equates to no rub, and also not having overly excessive bumpstop.
the 20mm spacer in the OME kit goes in the back

I have that track bar (#126), thats the one everyone says hits the diff. I just bought some parts off a guy with a Rubi LJ, D44 bar and his #126 hits the Riddler diff cover in front "rarely".
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #64
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I have that track bar (#126), thats the one everyone says hits the diff. I just bought some parts off a guy with a Rubi LJ, D44 bar and his #126 hits the Riddler diff cover in front "rarely".
It can go either way, I used it in the front because I didnt need any more in the rear. I needed more in the front becasue the springs game me roughly 3" of lift. It works just fine...

Look at my diff, it has never once hit.

Quote:
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #65
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

yep, 2 earlier post
Unread 03-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #66
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

his kit also has 2" bumpstops in the rear. the small spacer got put up front with 2" bumpstops to ensure no rubbing with the 33"s untill the bl he still has got put on.. also eliminating the track bar interference.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #67
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You asked for them.
Now you shall recieve.

Mine does not and will not hit the diff.
lol, I knew you'd come through for me!

that shows me the tj and wj bar have the same bends, the difference is the frame end is turned up to bolt in a double shear bracket.

my nth bracket mounts directly to the tre mount. the wj jks bar clears my diff with flying colors.. although i also have 2" bumpstops and longer than stock control arms. the nth bracket has it droped some also.

looking at my jks wj bar, i'm sure being used with a clayton relocation bracket, and I say clayton because ti has minimal forward relocation that could cause drag link clearance sissues, it would clear without any bumpstops.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #68
FritzTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Im bummed to say that I have a similar set up and I hit. (and I hear it.) My set up is OME 2 1/2" XJ coils up front with a 3/4" spacer. RE's 2"bumpstop but I do not have the 3/4 in bumpstop that OME sends. I have a winch on the front. (dont know if that means anything) At full stuff its perfect but when I hit big dips/ large speed bumps on the pavement it hits.

I will sacrifice off road performance for on road safety. What should I do?...
Put in the OME bumpstop?
Ditch the JKS bar?
Lift the jeep further?
Sell the Jeep? NAH...
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #69
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzTJ View Post
Im bummed to say that I have a similar set up and I hit. (and I hear it.) My set up is OME 2 1/2" XJ coils up front with a 3/4" spacer. RE's 2"bumpstop but I do not have the 3/4 in bumpstop that OME sends. I have a winch on the front. (dont know if that means anything) At full stuff its perfect but when I hit big dips/ large speed bumps on the pavement it hits.

I will sacrifice off road performance for on road safety. What should I do?...
Put in the OME bumpstop?
Ditch the JKS bar?
Lift the jeep further?
Sell the Jeep? NAH...
I think we need to start with more bumpstop. Now you are loosing up travel that you once had, so go ahead and throw on a biggger spacer in the front. Now you might be looking at a unlevel Jeep. You might have to add a spacer to the rear to compensate.

Quote:
Unread 03-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #70
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

After reading this thread I decided to check mine out and found it was rubbing. This is with a stock track bar, 1" BL, no suspension lift and the Ridler cover on a D44. The shiny area at the edge of the fill hole has been worn down by hitting the trackbar. In this case how would I stop the rubbing? Would that suspension lift that I've been putting off give me clearance here?

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/g...rackbarrub.jpg
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #71
FritzTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think we need to start with more bumpstop. Now you are loosing up travel that you once had, so go ahead and throw on a biggger spacer in the front. Now you might be looking at a unlevel Jeep. You might have to add a spacer to the rear to compensate.
So maybe put the 3/4 in Ome bumpstop on. Then pull the 3/4 inch spacer from the front and put it in the back and get a 1 1/2 inch spacer for the front

Sound Like a plan?

If I continue to let this go am I risking a dangerous failure?
Unread 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #72
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzTJ View Post
So maybe put the 3/4 in Ome bumpstop on. Then pull the 3/4 inch spacer from the front and put it in the back and get a 1 1/2 inch spacer for the front

Sound Like a plan?

If I continue to let this go am I risking a dangerous failure?
I'd go with as little extra bump stop as possible.. if it needs another 3/4" that'll definately work. the easiest way to find out for certain without hitting a hard bump is to remove the springs so it'll sitt on the bumpstops.

you could do the spacer thing, tho doing so could possibly cause a drive shaft vib, you would also need to readjust for..

the jks track bar doesn't have the small tre end on it that breaks, so minor rubbing isn't likely going to cause dangerous failure, but if the jks bar gets dented it'll be weaken'd

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #73
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
After reading this thread I decided to check mine out and found it was rubbing. This is with a stock track bar, 1" BL, no suspension lift and the Ridler cover on a D44. The shiny area at the edge of the fill hole has been worn down by hitting the trackbar. In this case how would I stop the rubbing? Would that suspension lift that I've been putting off give me clearance here?

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/g...rackbarrub.jpg
looks like a 1" bump stop would take care of that rub or some grinding... so yeah a 1-2"bb with 22.5-23.75" (max for stock springs) long shocks and 1" bump stops. or just put in enough spacer to level you rig then add the 1" stops. personally I'd prolly get out the grinder...
keep it 2" of lift and under you don't need a adjustable track bar, although the axle will likely be slightly offcenter.. a 2.5" spring lift generally puts the axle offcenter around 9/16"

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Last edited by mudb8; 03-28-2009 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: added the pic..
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #74
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, but after thinking about it I'm not quite ready to do the lift, so I guess I'll go back to the stock diff cover and get the Warn cover protector for now. It doesn't look like my trackbar is suffering too much but reading these posts has got me a bit worried...
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #75
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

here's a little something I spent a couple hours on today from scrap laying around the shop.. why we can't already buy one tapered is beyond me, of course since I don't have one of the track bars laying around that are hitting, I couldn't put one on to see if it wouldn't just hit the differential in a different place..

it's a weld on bracket that'll move any after market track bar designed to bolt in the factory mount.. it'll also relocate jks jj's and the hiems RE uses...

i started out going after a bolt on, then I realized bolting on what I stated to make was interfering with the sway bar, I tapered the the hole that's now relocated forward 2", the other hole bolts to the factory mounting surface with a 5/8" bolt, or a tapered stud, like nth degree uses, could be put in to eliminate the need to drill the factory bracket.

I was temped to reinstall my factory track bar just for kicks, it's not something I need tho and the pics have one of the bent ends in it from my rancho track bar....

I think the Ideal bracket would be verticle and mount the tre horizontally, that wouldn't work so well for a jks bar at all tho.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.