tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Reply
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #706
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieBlaze View Post
For some reason I'm really confused about all this trackbar talk. Right now I have a 4" lift with an adjustable front trackbar that has to be as short as possible to center the front axle. I'm about to get the OME HD 2.5" lift kit and therefore this trackbar I have right now isn't going to work because it already as short as possible and that's on a 4" lift.

Is there a consensus on the best bolt-on option for a front trackbar that fits properly? Obviously I'd rather not bumpstop it more than needed just to keep the trackbar away from the diff cover.
what track bar is it... some track bars you can simply cut down to size, they have plenty of thread, but if it has a weld in bung, you'll be stuck cutting the axle end off the shorten it.

currie works with 2" bumpstop extensions and a stock diff cover. I have the only track bars that clear big covers on stock extensions and flipped tie rods..... when I get more made.

__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #707
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieBlaze View Post
For some reason I'm really confused about all this trackbar talk. Right now I have a 4" lift with an adjustable front trackbar that has to be as short as possible to center the front axle. I'm about to get the OME HD 2.5" lift kit and therefore this trackbar I have right now isn't going to work because it already as short as possible and that's on a 4" lift.

Is there a consensus on the best bolt-on option for a front trackbar that fits properly? Obviously I'd rather not bumpstop it more than needed just to keep the trackbar away from the diff cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Thanks mudb8. Is this what you are refering to? I could use this for the frame-side trackbar joint when I relocate the mount.
Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts
If I use 1.25 solid 1045 rod I can drill it and thread it easily. I could also just cut the axle bushing barrel off of the used front trackbar I bought and weld it to the other end of the bar, or, I think, use another CE-9112N75-14 on the axle end, too. I think this is the correct width for the axle end, right?
Thanks for looking at this. Jim
NOPE! if you are using 1.25" OD tube use the 1" shank, 3/4"-22mm is what guys are constantly bending and breaking.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #708
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Also, I'm thinking of doing this:

This relocates the frame-side trackbar mount to the outside of the frame. another 2.5 inches or so of trackbar length to help reduce the lateral axle movement. I don't have my correct drag link length measurements yet but I think it will be on the long side for my Dana 60 front end so this idea may work. It will also get the troublesome mass of trackbar joint away from the diff cover without moving it forward into my pitman...
It'll work if you are using coil overs, it'll put the track bar right into the springs... move the axle end out.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #709
JonnieBlaze
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Romney, WV
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
what track bar is it... some track bars you can simply cut down to size, they have plenty of thread, but if it has a weld in bung, you'll be stuck cutting the axle end off the shorten it.

currie works with 2" bumpstop extensions and a stock diff cover. I have the only track bars that clear big covers on stock extensions and flipped tie rods..... when I get more made.
No idea what trackbar it is....previous owner put it on. I'll take it off sometime and check it out to see if it can be shortened. Thanks for the tip.

Do you have a list of people waiting for you to get some more trackbars made? I dont know what my future plans are for this jeep but I'd rather not limit myself by getting something like the currie that only works with the stock cover.
JonnieBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #710
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler
 
jeepsterjc's Avatar
1977 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Creston
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
NOPE! if you are using 1.25" OD tube use the 1" shank, 3/4"-22mm is what guys are constantly bending and breaking.
How would you do it if using solid 1045? Go to 1.5 inch solid shaft and drill/thread an end for the 1 inch JJ threaded stud end?
__________________
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #711
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler
 
jeepsterjc's Avatar
1977 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Creston
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
How would you do it if using solid 1045? Go to 1.5 inch solid shaft and drill/thread an end for the 1 inch JJ threaded stud end?
OK. I bought two lengths of DOM tubing.
1 40" length of 1 1/4 x 1/4 for the front trackbar
1 34" length of 1 1/4 x 1/4 for the rear trackbar
I'll use the Currie 1.6 inch wide JJ with the 1" threaded shank on one end with a weld on JJ on the other end.
About the same deal for the rear. Ought to be strong enough to jack on.
Thanks for the help, mudb8. You know, you're rather patient!
__________________
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #712
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieBlaze View Post
No idea what trackbar it is....previous owner put it on. I'll take it off sometime and check it out to see if it can be shortened. Thanks for the tip.

Do you have a list of people waiting for you to get some more trackbars made? I dont know what my future plans are for this jeep but I'd rather not limit myself by getting something like the currie that only works with the stock cover.
I've only built bars for rigs that have come to the shop so far. I'm not a Vendor on JF as of yet so I won't be advertising here other than the bug that it has been done.

You can use the currie with a Barnett cover.... other covers you just need to be aware there is a possibility of it smacking things depending on the lift set up.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #713
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler
 
jeepsterjc's Avatar
1977 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Creston
Posts: 1,734
Wow, I just watched your video. Are you left lane? Sorry, I don't know. What sort of gallons per mile do you have at full boost/max fuel flow??
__________________
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #714
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Wow, I just watched your video. Are you left lane? Sorry, I don't know. What sort of gallons per mile do you have at full boost/max fuel flow??
it's the red truck, I don't remember which vid I have in the link. there
is a bunch of them from tuning runs. It actually got loaded on a trailer and headed to Topeka KS. with a 48RE transmisson I put together and used a PCS programmer to control before it was even tested. The 5spd Allison kept self destructing.

The truck is carrying a 5 gallon fuel cell in the stock location, which is sst class specific, it burns a gallon every half mile at full load on the strip. the boost runs 125 and 80#'s drive pressure. it's capable of low 9 sec 1/4's with the selectable programing it has, however the cage needs to be certified, more saftey equiptment needs to be installed and further NHRA licensing is needed to go faster than 10.00 or 135MPH. If it doesn't rain saturday, I'll prolly have a mid 9 sec run on video since it'll be the last run of the season and wont do any good to shut it down untill it can comply with the rules.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #715
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler
 
jeepsterjc's Avatar
1977 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Creston
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
it's the red truck, I don't remember which vid I have in the link. there
is a bunch of them from tuning runs. It actually got loaded on a trailer and headed to Topeka KS. with a 48RE transmisson I put together and used a PCS programmer to control before it was even tested. The 5spd Allison kept self destructing.

The truck is carrying a 5 gallon fuel cell in the stock location, which is sst class specific, it burns a gallon every half mile at full load on the strip. the boost runs 125 and 80#'s drive pressure. it's capable of low 9 sec 1/4's with the selectable programing it has, however the cage needs to be certified, more saftey equiptment needs to be installed and further NHRA licensing is needed to go faster than 10.00 or 135MPH. If it doesn't rain saturday, I'll prolly have a mid 9 sec run on video since it'll be the last run of the season and wont do any good to shut it down untill it can comply with the rules.
That's crazy! Do you have sponsors? I'm hoping for good weather for you tomorrow and a 9.something run for you.
Drive straight, Jim
__________________
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #716
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,437
hey mudb8...my "custom" track bar used to hit the face of my new SOLID diff cover, even after i ground the entire rib off by the fill plug....so I cut part of the face off and welded a 3/8" piece of steel plate on the backside, and ground it all flush.



now clears with 1" bumpstops & the ZJ-tie rod.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #717
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
hey mudb8...my "custom" track bar used to hit the face of my new SOLID diff cover, even after i ground the entire rib off by the fill plug....so I cut part of the face off and welded a 3/8" piece of steel plate on the backside, and ground it all flush.



now clears with 1" bumpstops & the ZJ-tie rod.
LOL, good job!

I'll post some pics of my new bars and brackets soon, still havent' had time to upload the photos.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #718
breckboarder55
Web Wheeler
 
breckboarder55's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston/ College Station, TX
Posts: 1,069
Alright, I read through the first ten pages and like others I think I might be a little confused.

So for clarification...

Right now I have OME HD springs, Currie arms at stock length (upper and lower), stock track bar, and RE shocks from a 2.25" BB (unknown length), stock bump-stops, and stock diff cover.
Tires are 33"x12.50"x15"

Nothing hits, with the exception of the tires bending out the plastic part of the flare during full stuff.

I am looking to add the long OME shocks (N66L?), a Riddler Diff Cover, YJ brake lines, and a Currie track bar.
It should clear as long as I add 1" to the bumpstops, right?
__________________
To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #719
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
I am looking to add the long OME shocks (N66L?), a Riddler Diff Cover, YJ brake lines, and a Currie track bar.
It should clear as long as I add 1" to the bumpstops, right?
no, you'll need at least 2" bumpstops. with the Riddler cover...probably more like 2.5-3".

N66L's are 15.5" long travel shocks. you need 2" bumpstop extensions, unless you have properly relocated the shock mounts themselves. they're 4" lift shocks.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #720
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
no, you'll need at least 2" bumpstops. with the Riddler cover...probably more like 2.5-3".

N66L's are 15.5" long travel shocks. you need 2" bumpstop extensions, unless you have properly relocated the shock mounts themselves. they're 4" lift shocks.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.