tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #691
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats an idea. The bolt hole diameter are the same ? I also thought of buying someones OE Track bar, cut the TRE off of it and welding the RC frame end on it to eliminate the TRE .

Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #692
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Only $144.99 for the JKS WJ bar add the RC units $129.95 ..... It all adds up to $274.94
Unread 10-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #693
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

AHH what are ya going to do . If you worry about how much money you threw away on wrong parts or ideas you wouldn't enjoy this hobby to much .I will get it fixed eventually
Unread 10-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #694
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

NO NO NO.... this track bar is $279.95... Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

You may get away without losing money and may have better articulation...
Unread 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #695
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #696
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking about that Currie bar and the JKS I think 126 which is for 1-3.5" which I saw for 216 shipped .I just have a slight loose feeling when driving on uneven roads and all of the ends on everything on the front end is tight . The flexing track bar is the only wrong movement I can find .
Unread 10-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #697
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Motorbike View Post

thats a pretty good idea, the issue with the rc bracket though is that it drops the mount down, thus bringing it close to the diff, and tie rod.

what needs to happen is a new bracket that replaces the cast one entirely, and then uses that wj trackbar

almost like this Iron Rock offroad bracket that is used in an xj application.

click
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #698
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Some one should invent a lower track bar bushing replacement that works like a cam adjuster .

It would be off center and you could just rotate it till the axle is centered.
that's a little more trouble than it's worth for a TJ.. it's already a popular item for JK's tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulumanati View Post
Hey mudb8, I know you've had experience with Nth systems and wanted to pick at your brain. I've got the full 6" LA kit from Nth and installed just like their instructions said, put front control arms to 1/2" thread showing and proper bumpstops and what not, except I just noticed the trackbar hits the front diff cover (Fab Fours diff cover). Why could this be, if the Nth kit was supposedly made as a package? I would think it would clear just fine.. Let me post up a pic.. I just recently lengthened the control arms from showing no thread to the 1/2" so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it..

In the second pic below, you can see black touch up right above the tie rod close to the diff bolt on the left.. I should have left it shiny silver for illustration purposes but I wanted to cover it up to see if it kept scraping off.
what is your caster angle? I've had the same problem using 2" bumpstop extensions with 3.5* caster. I trimmed the upper portion of the Nth frame brace to fix it..

Quote:
that does work tho you still need 2" Plus bumpstop extension and to top it off the WJ track bar is .165 wall tube, at least the ones I have in my possesion are. I used them with the Nth degree frame brace, the bushings don't last long and I bent the first one pretty bad driving through a ditch.

Quote:
NO NO NO.... this track bar is $279.95... Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

You may get away without losing money and may have better articulation...
the JJ frame end is only good for about 9.5" travel shocks before it binds.

Quote:
LOL, good idea but those would take a hole larger than you could drill in the bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
thats a pretty good idea, the issue with the rc bracket though is that it drops the mount down, thus bringing it close to the diff, and tie rod.

what needs to happen is a new bracket that replaces the cast one entirely, and then uses that wj trackbar

almost like this Iron Rock offroad bracket that is used in an xj application.

click
The RC relocation drop bracket actually moves the bar forward about 3/4"..... the thing I don't like about it is how it mounts.

I have prototypes bent up that clear riddler and even ARB diff covers with the TIE ROD FLIPPED and STOCK bumpstop extension.... I'm still working on simplifying the frame mount tho. It's pretty hard to make things just bolt on and fit every thing. The first one I build got welded on which is easiest for me but would be a PITA in someones drive way that doesn't have a welder and a torch.

BTW.... I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to mess around on the I-net let alone even check my e-mail, Sorry to you guys I've left hanging with questions or parts lately.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #699
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hmm maybe I will order that rc bar then,

or wait for your development, if you get any further lemme know, thanks
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #700
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
hmm maybe I will order that rc bar then,

or wait for your development, if you get any further lemme know, thanks
I don't know how far from Jersey you are but I will have the new style 0-3.5" $129.00 RC Bar slightly used for sale early next week if you are interested in that . If you are in a hurry I can do it sooner.
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #701
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

JKS arrived early so the Rough Country 0-3.5" $129.00 bar will be available tomorrow. Will post in For Sale tomorrow at a few locations .
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #702
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
JKS arrived early so the Rough Country 0-3.5" $129.00 bar will be available tomorrow. Will post in For Sale tomorrow at a few locations .
Be sure you have the 2" bumpstop extensions required for the OME N66L shocks and the JKS track bar.....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #703
JonnieBlaze
2004 LJ Wrangler 

For some reason I'm really confused about all this trackbar talk. Right now I have a 4" lift with an adjustable front trackbar that has to be as short as possible to center the front axle. I'm about to get the OME HD 2.5" lift kit and therefore this trackbar I have right now isn't going to work because it already as short as possible and that's on a 4" lift.

Is there a consensus on the best bolt-on option for a front trackbar that fits properly? Obviously I'd rather not bumpstop it more than needed just to keep the trackbar away from the diff cover.
JonnieBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #704
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
I use 1.25 x .375 tube, mill and tap it for currie 2x1.6" JJ's. you don't really even need anything larger than a 1" solid rod IMO tho. which can have a die run over it and a sleeve for adjustment with weld on ends.
Thanks mudb8. Is this what you are refering to? I could use this for the frame-side trackbar joint when I relocate the mount.
Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts
If I use 1.25 solid 1045 rod I can drill it and thread it easily. I could also just cut the axle bushing barrel off of the used front trackbar I bought and weld it to the other end of the bar, or, I think, use another CE-9112N75-14 on the axle end, too. I think this is the correct width for the axle end, right?
Thanks for looking at this. Jim
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #705
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Also, I'm thinking of doing this:

This relocates the frame-side trackbar mount to the outside of the frame. another 2.5 inches or so of trackbar length to help reduce the lateral axle movement. I don't have my correct drag link length measurements yet but I think it will be on the long side for my Dana 60 front end so this idea may work. It will also get the troublesome mass of trackbar joint away from the diff cover without moving it forward into my pitman...

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.