tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #676
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I use 1.25 x .375 tube, mill and tap it for currie 2x1.6" JJ's. you don't really even need anything larger than a 1" solid rod IMO tho. which can have a die run over it and a sleeve for adjustment with weld on ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Hi there mudb8 and everyone else. Well, I picked up a pair of used trackbars from a TJ and won't be using the stock front tre setup on my rig. There isn't enough articulation in it I don't think, or if there is it must be totally maxed out... haven't checked but it doesn't look like it gives enough flex before binding.

SO... what are the longest lasting/most rigid joints I could build one with that will fit???

DOM tubing is pricey so I think I'll use 1.25 1045 steel rod for the bars. A little cutting and welding to the "stock" frame-side mount, and if need be also to the Currie coil/shock/trackbar mount if needed. I don't have tons of space on the front axle end for a large radius hiem... Maybe only can stuff in a 1.75 OD diameter as it is right now and that will really be pushing it on the currie bracket without grinding.

Ideas??

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #677
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post

After a closer inspection, I have a matching flat spot on the back of the track bar that matches.
LOL, and some people have balls enough to tell me I'm full of crap!

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #678
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
LOL, and some people have balls enough to tell me I'm full of crap!
You're full of cr@p!
Unread 09-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #679
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Last message ^^^

Thanks mudb8. It would be nice just to get something already built for the trackbars, but it's just better if I make them.

Where do I buy a threaded sleeve that would be 3/4 x 16 threads to attach my joints and shaft together? Is this some sort of common tie-rod adjuster?
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #680
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

$204.99 Front Adjustable Trackbar
$189.99 Teraflex 1743022 - TeraFlex Front Adjustable Trackbar for 84-06 Jeep® Grand Cherokee ZJ, Cherokee XJ, Wrangler TJ & Unlimited 2-4" Lift - Quadratec

Which currie is the right one?
$299.95 Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts
$279.95 Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts
$229.95 Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

$240 http://www.store.jksmfg.com/merchant...bar_Components
$216 JKS Manufacturing OGS126 - JKS Manufacturing Front Adjustable Trackbar for 84-06 Jeep® Grand Cherokee ZJ, Cherokee XJ, Wrangler TJ, & Unlimited with 1-3.5" Lift - Quadratec

$129.95 Jeep Accessories - Adjustable Track Bar
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #681
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I recently installed the RC adjustable front tb for 0- 3 1/2" of lift. I like the fact that it uses a beefy bracket and has a double-shear mount on frame end. I'm not sure about the hollow tube, though. I don't understand why trackbars are made with a jj or a heim on the frame end that's turned on its side, making it single shear, and possible limiting its range of motion. What are the benefits of this mounting method?

cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #682
Vic99TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So whats the verdict?
Vic99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #683
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The verdict is if you are running anything less than 2" bumpstop extension blocks you need to re-drill , bend to lengthen , cut and sleeve the stocker , Just live with it OR try to find one that rubs the least.

These guys haven't said which one that is.
That $129.95 is SOOO tempting. How much could it rub?

CheapJeep06 does yours rub?? Do you have stock bumpstops??
Unread 09-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #684
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Motorbike View Post
The verdict is if you are running anything less than 2" bumpstop extension blocks you need to re-drill , bend to lengthen , cut and sleeve the stocker , Just live with it OR try to find one that rubs the least.

These guys haven't said which one that is.
That $129.95 is SOOO tempting. How much could it rub?

CheapJeep06 does yours rub?? Do you have stock bumpstops??
Thanks to Mike_Motorbike for the great shopping selection! The 129 dollar bar does look substantial. Also, it provides a good starting point for me. My setup is unique enough to guarantee that nothing store bought will work. The rough country bar probably gives enough length for me to use nicely!
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #685
Ulumanati
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey mudb8, I know you've had experience with Nth systems and wanted to pick at your brain. I've got the full 6" LA kit from Nth and installed just like their instructions said, put front control arms to 1/2" thread showing and proper bumpstops and what not, except I just noticed the trackbar hits the front diff cover (Fab Fours diff cover). Why could this be, if the Nth kit was supposedly made as a package? I would think it would clear just fine.. Let me post up a pic.. I just recently lengthened the control arms from showing no thread to the 1/2" so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it..

In the second pic below, you can see black touch up right above the tie rod close to the diff bolt on the left.. I should have left it shiny silver for illustration purposes but I wanted to cover it up to see if it kept scraping off.
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #686
Ulumanati
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics...
cimg0844.jpg   cimg0843.jpg  
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #687
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulumanati View Post
Hey mudb8, I know you've had experience with Nth systems and wanted to pick at your brain. I've got the full 6" LA kit from Nth and installed just like their instructions said, put front control arms to 1/2" thread showing and proper bumpstops and what not, except I just noticed the trackbar hits the front diff cover (Fab Fours diff cover). Why could this be, if the Nth kit was supposedly made as a package? I would think it would clear just fine.. Let me post up a pic.. I just recently lengthened the control arms from showing no thread to the 1/2" so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it..

In the second pic below, you can see black touch up right above the tie rod close to the diff bolt on the left.. I should have left it shiny silver for illustration purposes but I wanted to cover it up to see if it kept scraping off.
the trackbar instructions say there's 9 things that "must be present on your vehicle for this product to fit and work properly" including:
"No differential cover guard is being used that extends up more than 2/3 the height of the cover from the bottom and does not have a ‘full ring’ that includes the upper differential cover bolts. (I.e. Warn style okay, Avalanche style not okay). "
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #688
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I thought the RC 129 dollar 0-3.5" Track bar was fine but ..... I noticed that I have a bit of a wandering on uneven roads so back to laying under the front end while someone cranks the wheel back and forth . Sure as hell the track bar was flexing just short of the frame mount .I guess that is why I am playing catch up with the steering wheel . I guess its try to find a good OE bar to work with . This Cheap *** Rough Country bar is coming out . Should of listened to ya's
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #689
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

With that Rough Country bracket you could use a 99-04 WJ adjustable track bar...

JKS Manufacturing 0GS127 - JKS Manufacturing Front Adjustable Trackbar for 99-04 Jeep® Grand Cherokee WJ with 1-6" Lift - Quadratec
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #690
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Some one should invent a lower track bar bushing replacement that works like a cam adjuster .

It would be off center and you could just rotate it till the axle is centered.

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.