tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Reply
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #496
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBinNM View Post
Has anyone ever tried the IronMan fabrication track bar? They say it can be adjusted while connected on both ends and it's good for 0"-6" lift.

E-Z SUPER-HEAVY-DUTY ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR
any track bar that comes straight across from the mount will hit the differential without 2" + bumpstop extensions...

that bar will adjust without removing it tho... the TRE end looks to be a stock tie rod end, the threaded shaft is way small for use on a track bar. even a 22mm is to small IMO.

I would never recommend it's use on a tj.... seriously, it's barely larger than a Dime

__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #497
Camilo98
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 744
havent got your hand on that TB bracket talked about earlier?
__________________
Bay Area and Norcal Region
-----------------------------
ToyotaPro.com
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #498
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
havent got your hand on that TB bracket talked about earlier?
nope, It's looking like I'll have to buy one.

My first priority after I loose the cast is to finish the Track Bar design I started, It's not likely going to be a bolt on piece tho.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #499
jeeptrash
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bozeman Montana
Posts: 839
Alright, there is so much info in this thread i couldn't digest it in one sitting. I am in need of a new front track bar myself to replace the stock one. I'm running RE 3.5" springs on a LJ. Anyone got any advice on what track bar would be best for me?
__________________
'06 LJ Rubicon 33's and stuff...
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #500
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
Alright, there is so much info in this thread i couldn't digest it in one sitting. I am in need of a new front track bar myself to replace the stock one. I'm running RE 3.5" springs on a LJ. Anyone got any advice on what track bar would be best for me?
CE9120TJS is the best application for you at this time.

Bear in mine you MUST have a minimum of 2" bumpstops with a stock differntial cover to clear.

I was just talking to another individual about the Nth Degree track bar/frame brace. IMO it is the best option but requires more modification than the averge person is willing to do if it's used with less than 2.5" bumpstop extension.

The best person to contact for the currie HD offset track bar is provelogear here on JF, (Gerald @ Savvy), He can beat what I can sell them for.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #501
photontraveler
Old Dude
 
photontraveler's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 164
IronMan 4X4 Fabrication
__________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
photontraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #502
jeeptrash
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bozeman Montana
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
CE9120TJS is the best application for you at this time.

Bear in mine you MUST have a minimum of 2" bumpstops with a stock differntial cover to clear.

I was just talking to another individual about the Nth Degree track bar/frame brace. IMO it is the best option but requires more modification than the averge person is willing to do if it's used with less than 2.5" bumpstop extension.

The best person to contact for the currie HD offset track bar is provelogear here on JF, (Gerald @ Savvy), He can beat what I can sell them for.

Thanks for the info, i had my eye on the RE 1600. Any info on that? Assuming i have 2" bumpstop already will that bar work as well/close to the currie? The price on the RE is hard to beat, i can get it shipped for $150...
__________________
'06 LJ Rubicon 33's and stuff...
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #503
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by photontraveler View Post
You clearly didn't read the 5th post above yours. Post #497
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #504
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by photontraveler View Post

I want that JOKE, deleted out of my thread unless you can send me one to prove it fits, particularly the "double shear" mount... there's already a few pics in the thread that shows why they don't work.


If it's legit, I'll happily retract my negative comments...
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #505
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
Thanks for the info, i had my eye on the RE 1600. Any info on that? Assuming i have 2" bumpstop already will that bar work as well/close to the currie? The price on the RE is hard to beat, i can get it shipped for $150...
RE is very hard to beat on price... but it flexes like elastic (so to speak) in the bends, not to mention has a larger yet bump stop requirement and a heim joint that lasts about as long as the super-flex bushings.

MAP pricing on a new RE 1600 is $164.00. is there a link to your source?
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #506
jeeptrash
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bozeman Montana
Posts: 839
My mistake, my quote is $160 shipped through 4 wheel customs. I'm really leaning towards the RE because of the price... My general purpose of my jeep is a DD, which see's forest trails and some rock trails in the summer, nothing TOO extreme. So from what i understand i should be alright with the RE, understanding that the currie IS the better way to go, at almost twice the price.

Another thing i am curious about in your findings, is there any aftermarket diff cover for a dana 44 that has a lower profile than the stock cover? If so they could help with some of the hitting issue that, apparently all track bars mounted in the stock positions have.
__________________
'06 LJ Rubicon 33's and stuff...
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #507
J03_TJ
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sparks NV
Posts: 3,357
I've had the RE 1600 on my jeep 70k miles and replaced the rubber end once, can't recall if it needed it though. The heim joint no problems except it looks like I should take more care of it though. Oh, and the heim joint threads are pretty much seized into the tube, I'll never adjust it again.

Seems to be fine for my DD, I do have 2" bumpstops and no rubbing the diff cover. I'm not super extreme but have taken it some good stuff quite a few times and it may tweak more, but I don't know any different.
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #508
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
My mistake, my quote is $160 shipped through 4 wheel customs. I'm really leaning towards the RE because of the price... My general purpose of my jeep is a DD, which see's forest trails and some rock trails in the summer, nothing TOO extreme. So from what i understand i should be alright with the RE, understanding that the currie IS the better way to go, at almost twice the price.

Another thing i am curious about in your findings, is there any aftermarket diff cover for a dana 44 that has a lower profile than the stock cover? If so they could help with some of the hitting issue that, apparently all track bars mounted in the stock positions have.
there is nothing lower profile than the stock cover... Barnet covers are as good as you get for low profile... there's a page or so in the thread about the covers as well, some where, you'll find some rambling by cb3 about covers... a lot of the testing I did was on his jeep...
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #509
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
I've had the RE 1600 on my jeep 70k miles and replaced the rubber end once, can't recall if it needed it though. The heim joint no problems except it looks like I should take more care of it though. Oh, and the heim joint threads are pretty much seized into the tube, I'll never adjust it again.

Seems to be fine for my DD, I do have 2" bump stops and no rubbing the diff cover. I'm not super extreme but have taken it some good stuff quite a few times and it may tweak more, but I don't know any different.

yep, heard that before... the last guy that was here and said that, got his springs removed by me to prove his point after a heated debate, turns out I was right in the first place. It won't hit under normal driving or articulation, but if you go off road and get to horsing around you're liable to smack it, especially if you run whoops or on the dunes. that's where the pics of the busted RE track bars in this thread came from.
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #510
J03_TJ
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sparks NV
Posts: 3,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
yep, heard that before... the last guy that was here and said that, got his springs removed by me to prove his point after a heated debate, turns out I was right in the first place. It won't hit under normal driving or articulation, but if you go off road and get to horsing around you're liable to smack it, especially if you run whoops or on the dunes. that's where the pics of the busted RE track bars in this thread came from.
Fair enough. I've never pulled the springs, mine may touch indeed, I can take your word for that with all the research you have been doing. Just no marks on my cover or bar after two trips through the Rubicon and some local stuff. I don't do whoops so it works for me and my needs. I just wanted to respond that it is an okay option for the $, at least on my DD/weekend 4x4.
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tj , track bar
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.