tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #241
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubhj View Post
someone on another thread sayed this was spam..i dont need to click on it..
they didnt fill out there info to be on this forum either,weired they even get thru..

johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #242
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubhj View Post
Begone you garbage!
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #243
classicinjectio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Don't know if this has been asked but can you put the JKS on a tube bender and tweak it to fit better?
classicinjectio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #244
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If I understood what Mud told me (in a PM I think), the JKS front trackbar that I have now, is the same as the old Currie HD trackbar that Johnny and someone else in this thread (forgot who) already has, except for the frame mount being offset and the size of the frame mount bolt (old trackbar has 9/16 frame mount bolt while new trackbar will have 5/8 bolt).

It is the same trackbar with same bend and shape, but the new Currie HD has the frame mount end offset and uses a slightly bigger mounting bolt at the frame end. Otherwise than that it's the same trackbar with the same bend and shape. If I correctly understood what Mud told me.

The old version (has bend/curve, but not offset joint) has been used a lot in Jeepspeed. Currie tech said the bends act as a shock absorber to ease the impacts at high speed, which is easier on driver and helps trackbar and other steering and suspension parts last longer, especially their mounting brackets and mounting hardware last longer.

Currie said that straight trackbars are to stiff and offer no shock absorbtion, which causes harsher ride and in Jeepspeed tears/breaks mounting brackets for trackbars and other steering and suspension components.

Also, as we (in this thread) know, straight trackbars don't offer as much diff cover clearance. A bent/rounded trackbar offers more diff clearance. The offset joint increases clearance by another 1/2", I've read.

So the JKS bar and old Currie HD bar are (apparently) one and the same with each other (perfected in Jeepspeed racing). The only difference between the JKS trackbar and old Currie HD trackbar vs the new Currie HD trackbar is the offset framemount end and larger framemount bolt. If I understand the topic correctly.

Do I understand correctly Mud?

Last edited by CB3; 06-20-2009 at 04:58 PM..
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #245
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicinjectio View Post
Don't know if this has been asked but can you put the JKS on a tube bender and tweak it to fit better?
Why would you want to risk that? It's probably fine unmodified, and if not, the new Currie HD front trackbar only costs $225 according to their website. Why risk your life to save $225? You wouldn't save that much anyway because your time has value.

Granted, I'm not an expert and I'm learning along with you and others from Mud and others, but my common sense tells me you shouldn't be bending an aftermarket trackbar because it's a hollow tube (that can collapse). It's not a solid bar like the stock trackbar.

That's my common sense. Now of course, the experts will say if I'm right or wrong and that's fine. I can learn more then.

Also, if trackbar to differential clearance is a concern, you can get a high clearance aftermarket cover that's plenty tough. I listed high clearance aftermarket diff covers in post 220 of this thread.
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #246
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post

So the JKS bar and old Currie HD bar are (apparently) one and the same with each other (perfected in Jeepspeed racing). The only difference between the JKS trackbar and old Currie HD trackbar vs the new Currie HD trackbar is the offset framemount end and larger framemount bolt. If I understand the topic correctly.

No, read my post 244 above. There is a big difference in the materials the new Currie HD track bar is made of.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #247
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
No, read my post 244 above. There is a big difference in the materials the new Currie HD track bar is made of.
Chromoly right? I forgot about that.
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #248
classicinjectio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I JKS 126 bar to go with a OME/Bilstein 2.5 set up and thought that bending the bar would be easier then cutting and rewelding if my bar hits. And bending tool should make easy work of it has anybody attempted this or is it just better to ditch it if it hits.
classicinjectio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #249
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Chromoly right? I forgot about that.
And the wall thickness. It's 1/4" wall compared to the thinner wall of the regular bar.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #250
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And the wall thickness. It's 1/4" wall compared to the thinner wall of the regular bar.
Now if they would just hurry up and get em ready to sell to us!

I'm going to replace my Rubicon Express TeacBar with the Currie HD one once they will sell me one.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #251
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmm. Well then, I guess with chromoly, a thicker tube wall, and a thicker mounting bolt, it's hella stronger. Plus it offers 1/2" more diff cover clearance.

That new trackbar is even sweeter than I realized.

Thanks for helping me better understand the differences.
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #252
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Now if they would just hurry up and get em ready to sell to us!

I'm going to replace my Rubicon Express TeacBar with the Currie HD one once they will sell me one.
I called Curie yesterday and asked. I was told 2 weeks from now. I guess that means first week of July.
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #253
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I called Curie yesterday and asked. I was told 2 weeks from now. I guess that means first week of July.
Approx. the same timeframe that the guys @ Currie told me a week or two ago...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #254
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I understood what Mud told me (in a PM I think), the JKS front trackbar that I have now, is the same as the old Currie HD trackbar that Johnny and someone else in this thread (forgot who) already has, except for the frame mount being offset and the size of the frame mount bolt (old trackbar has 9/16 frame mount bolt while new trackbar will have 5/8 bolt).

It is the same trackbar with same bend and shape, but the new Currie HD has the frame mount end offset and uses a slightly bigger mounting bolt at the frame end. Otherwise than that it's the same trackbar with the same bend and shape. If I correctly understood what Mud told me.

The old version (has bend/curve, but not offset joint) has been used a lot in Jeepspeed. Currie tech said the bends act as a shock absorber to ease the impacts at high speed, which is easier on driver and helps trackbar and other steering and suspension parts last longer, especially their mounting brackets and mounting hardware last longer.

Currie said that straight trackbars are to stiff and offer no shock absorbtion, which causes harsher ride and in Jeepspeed tears/breaks mounting brackets for trackbars and other steering and suspension components.

Also, as we (in this thread) know, straight trackbars don't offer as much diff cover clearance. A bent/rounded trackbar offers more diff clearance. The offset joint increases clearance by another 1/2", I've read.

the hd tb that's listed is the same shape, but is thicker and has a 5/8" jj which is also centered instead of having the offset cope that you're waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicinjectio View Post
doesn't scare me, I've bent many just not jks yet.

Quote:

That new trackbar is even sweeter than I realized.
yep...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #255
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Approx. the same timeframe that the guys @ Currie told me a week or two ago...
I suppose that every two weeks they'll tell us "two weeks". Manyana, manyana. How's that song go?

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.