tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #196
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ok ok,i got r done and went ahead and ordered a currie hd tb w/ 5/8 bolt.
on page one of this thread where the pic is of the bracket you made just above that pic it shows the front end and im wondering is that a factory frame brace from pass side to drivers side trac bar bracket?

im missing that since i just broke the crap i had and just trying to get a pic of it so i can fab something similar.

can anyone show me a pic of there brace from the pass side frame to the tb drivers bracket?not just the t bar itself,or i will have to hunt down a jeep in a parking lot to look,john

well i suppose i could use the old tb to fab a brace out of it for frame to frame,,what yall think?

johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #197
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
ok ok,i got r done and went ahead and ordered a currie hd tb w/ 5/8 bolt.
on page one of this thread where the pic is of the bracket you made just above that pic it shows the front end and im wondering is that a factory frame brace from pass side to drivers side trac bar bracket?

im missing that since i just broke the crap i had and just trying to get a pic of it so i can fab something similar.

can anyone show me a pic of there brace from the pass side frame to the tb drivers bracket?not just the t bar itself,or i will have to hunt down a jeep in a parking lot to look,john

well i suppose i could use the old tb to fab a brace out of it for frame to frame,,what yall think?
this is kiwi's currie hd bar with a fabricated brace..

the one on the first page is an nth degree w/ a frame brace, I also have used the nth frame brace with a wj jks track bar.

sorry to say.... good luck finding a tj with a frame brace in a parking lot, it's one of those things most guys and shops deem unnessary.. ignorance? or is it maybe ok just because it's gonna just be a daily driver weekend warrior and prolly won't see any real usage?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #198
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post

the one on the first page is an nth degree w/ a frame brace, I also have used the nth frame brace with a wj jks track bar.

sorry to say.... good luck finding a tj with a frame brace in a parking lot, it's one of those things most guys and shops deem unnessary.. ignorance? or is it maybe ok just because it's gonna just be a daily driver weekend warrior and prolly won't see any real usage?
thanks for the photos mudb8..i thought they came /wsome kinda brace from the factory?i have a factory bolt hole on pass frame that goes all the way thru to the top w/a nut on it? currie said i dont need any other brace except what came from the factory..im makeing one similar to your pic,looks good to me..where it connected to the drivers frame mount is it welded to the factory mount or bolted?it looks like it may be a cast steel factory mount ?if so,,i wouldnt want to weld to it and weaken it..or maybe its welded to the upper part of the frame,didnt think of that..i have room there.thanks for this thread as it been a big help jeepforum guys,john
Unread 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #199
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks for the photos mudb8..i thought they came /wsome kinda brace from the factory?i have a factory bolt hole on pass frame that goes all the way thru to the top w/a nut on it? currie said i dont need any other brace except what came from the factory..im makeing one similar to your pic,looks good to me..where it connected to the drivers frame mount is it welded to the factory mount or bolted?it looks like it may be a cast steel factory mount ?if so,,i wouldnt want to weld to it and weaken it..or maybe its welded to the upper part of the frame,didnt think of that..i have room there.thanks for this thread as it been a big help jeepforum guys,john
It's 1" x 0.095 wall chromolly tube. There is a tab welded to the factory mount and one on the PS frame. There are left and right threaded tube ends welded into the tube, and threaded clevis rod ends which bolt to the tabs on the tb mount and ps mount. This allows you to tension the tube. I have a motor mount lift and the brace runs very close to the harmonic balancer on the bottom of the engine. It can't really move up any more than I have it.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #200
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks kiwi..im takeing off 2 braces that were there on my crap set up that are 1 inch x 1/8 it looks like that one of them still has the little helm joints on the ends..i just didnt like the thought of the 1/2 inch thread helm joints but im sure its enough for the brace..ive got it apart and ready for the currie today,fixin to go drill the 5/8 hole too..after i double check that it is a 5/8 hole on their site..
now that im lookin at it does anyone know if i have to go back to the stock pitman arm?? it looks like theres gonna be a lot of room now so its probally stronger than the one i have for a 4 inch lift i would think,,but not sure,john
Unread 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #201
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

you'll be better off with a stock pitman even tho the jj puts the track bar lower than stock..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #202
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well i was hopeing to get my new currie tb today,so i called to track it to see.they said it was on back order,,bull s@#& i said..the guy said it would ship out as soon as i got off the phone..told them i had a ride next week and had to have this tb or order somewhere else witch i didnt want to do.
they called me back in a few hrs and said that jks would ship it straight from there factory in nebraska(i think)and i should have it by tues or so..man what a relief.they were very nice to deal with even tho they had me freaked out thinking i couldnt drive the jeep for a few weeks it all worked out good.
i looked on the jks site and i guess they get 30-4- bucks more for it when you order from them..either way,i will be rideing next weekend and its all good.
thanks kiwi and mudb8 for your kind help and pics to get me on the right trac,john
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #203
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well i was hopeing to get my new currie tb today,so i called to track it to see.they said it was on back order,,bull s@#& i said..the guy said it would ship out as soon as i got off the phone..told them i had a ride next week and had to have this tb or order somewhere else witch i didnt want to do.
they called me back in a few hrs and said that jks would ship it straight from there factory in nebraska(i think)and i should have it by tues or so..man what a relief.they were very nice to deal with even tho they had me freaked out thinking i couldnt drive the jeep for a few weeks it all worked out good.
i looked on the jks site and i guess they get 30-4- bucks more for it when you order from them..either way,i will be rideing next weekend and its all good.
thanks kiwi and mudb8 for your kind help and pics to get me on the right trac,john
Not 100% sure, but if it's the new HD tb that is back ordered, he may well be correct. I don't know that they are shipping yet. If it's just the regular version then that's probably what you will get from JKS.
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #204
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I also talked with Currie today and was told the "new" TB should start shipping in about 2 weeks...
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #205
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

now I"m confused.... JKS is making the new HD currie version?

currie has been selling jks bars, tho they tend to have a clearance problem with some rigs, which is the reason for the new HD, re-coped track bar tube end to put it away from the axle.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #206
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

part #js 9120 is what ive got comeing..i hope its the new one..its the one that ya gotta drill a 5/8 hole versus the 9/16 factory hole..i asked them twice as im drilling it tomorrow to be prepared when it comes..currie said there shipment was comeing in today from jks and jks shipped out 5, drop shipped to currie customers today, and 1 of them was mine..hope they got it right or i will be very unhappy since the 5/8 hole cant shrink too easy,haha,john
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #207
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
part #js 9120 is what ive got comeing..i hope its the new one..its the one that ya gotta drill a 5/8 hole versus the 9/16 factory hole..i asked them twice as im drilling it tomorrow to be prepared when it comes..currie said there shipment was comeing in today from jks and jks shipped out 5, drop shipped to currie customers today, and 1 of them was mine..hope they got it right or i will be very unhappy since the 5/8 hole cant shrink too easy,haha,john
Well you can switch out the 9/16th ball in the older style trackbar with a 5/8" ball and bolt. That's what I have done with my repaired trackbar that I'll use as a spare.
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #208
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
now I"m confused.... JKS is making the new HD currie version?

currie has been selling jks bars, tho they tend to have a clearance problem with some rigs, which is the reason for the new HD, re-coped track bar tube end to put it away from the axle.
i learned today that jks makes a lot of stuff for currie..if you buy it from currie its cheaper tho..if i ordered the new one fron jks it was 30-40 bucks more..im happy,so long as id better get the js9120 part.
this should be the link to the hd currie tb.
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1231

man i hope this is it, and me, or them didnt screw up?
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #209
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Well you can switch out the 9/16th ball in the older style trackbar with a 5/8" ball and bolt. That's what I have done with my repaired trackbar that I'll use as a spare.
yeah but i hope its the new one welded on a angle too..wouldnt think the bigger bolt would matter if the lower axle bolt remains the same..its real small..allmost looks like it needs some help also..
Unread 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #210
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

KIWI,please tell me that trac bar you got is part# js9120..
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1231

im already worrying again,haha..i should have fabbed my own but by the time ya get all the parts ya may as well buy it..john

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.