tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #181
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nriver View Post
So, I did modify my TB mount today. I am to tired to take pics, but I did add a second sheer point to the front of the FT mount. If it does not work I can always go back to they way they designed it. I also moved teh TB mount up by about a inch. Thinking this would help with the diff contact.

It looks something like this.

[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/inline6_bucket/Jeep%203/tbmount.jpg[/IMG

At the end of the day it rides good, no bump steer.... Took it around the block.

I do need to figure out how to bend the bar back about a inch. There is some stress between the frame mount and the diff mount. That or re mount the frame mount at a 5 degree angle, something like that.

I have gone full cycle with the suspension with no contact.

I also lost my frame brace, as it sits there would be some contact. Thinking I could resolve this issue, just tired of being on my back under the jeep.

Not sure this is my long term solution.

hmm... I've got a real sweet tube bender at work...
tho it might shorten it to much for the screw in joint to be used safely.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #182
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
hmm... I've got a real sweet tube bender at work...
tho it might shorten it to much for the screw in joint to be used safely.
I am heading down through portland this week.
Unread 06-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #183
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am heading down through portland this week.
stop by then... I205 s exit 12a.... you'll see my jeep on a rock pile on the left about a half mile east.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #184
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
stop by then... I205 s exit 12a.... you'll see my jeep on a rock pile on the left about a half mile east.
I think I will.

Thinking your there past where the North River shop was.

I will be in the Black Dodge, yep there are a tone of them.

I am on my way to Bend for the weekend.
Unread 06-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #185
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think I will.

Thinking your there past where the North River shop was.

I will be in the Black Dodge, yep there are a tone of them.

I am on my way to Bend for the weekend.
yep, it was a atv dealer after that, right next to john deere.. looking forward to it...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #186
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

heres another one... the caster was set at 3 degrees with 16 1/4" long lca's, I reset it to 7 degrees using adjustable uppers, still hits
it also had proplerly set bumpstops.

skyjacker adjustable track bar and d30 on a 4" lift

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #187
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

can somene tell me what lift they might think i have by these trac bar braces and if its total junk?today i herd a loud clunck and noticed when i jerk the wheel back and forth it makes a loud clunk noise..i found the noise was from the joint where the 2 braces bolt to a bolt on the pass side frame..it was only moveing a 32nd of a inch to make the noise tho..im gonna try tighting it up and adjusting the axle over a 1/8 inch cause my sway bar is touching the frame on the pass side also..is this set up un safe?
i seen a welded bracket on page 1(i think)is this what i shoud make/
i have no problem makeing one but just not sure if i need to or not.
oh yeah,the adjustable trac bar braces have a specled grey powder coating on them it that helps anyone help me figure which lift i have..i have 35,s on the jeep but didnt think they would fit with just a 4 inch lift..
any suggestions will be greatly apreciated,thanks,john
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #188
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
can somene tell me what lift they might think i have by these trac bar braces and if its total junk?today i herd a loud clunck and noticed when i jerk the wheel back and forth it makes a loud clunk noise..i found the noise was from the joint where the 2 braces bolt to a bolt on the pass side frame..it was only moveing a 32nd of a inch to make the noise tho..im gonna try tighting it up and adjusting the axle over a 1/8 inch cause my sway bar is touching the frame on the pass side also..is this set up un safe?
i seen a welded bracket on page 1(i think)is this what i shoud make/
i have no problem makeing one but just not sure if i need to or not.
oh yeah,the adjustable trac bar braces have a specled grey powder coating on them it that helps anyone help me figure which lift i have..i have 35,s on the jeep but didnt think they would fit with just a 4 inch lift..
any suggestions will be greatly apreciated,thanks,john
First one Ive seen like this.. I dont like the looks of it at all either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #189
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

it actually drives down the road at 70 with 2 fingers and tracs perfect..ive been flexin it out and stuff without problems but got a jeep ride comeing up and wanna be safe for the ride there..

i thought it may be a rough country lift but i really dont know..

the 2 brace bars is what makes it adjustable..

anyone know if someone makes a adjustable trac bar that allows me to use the stock mount with this lift? or should i just make a new mount for the stock trac bar?john
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #190
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
it actually drives down the road at 70 with 2 fingers and tracs perfect..ive been flexin it out and stuff without problems but got a jeep ride comeing up and wanna be safe for the ride there..

i thought it may be a rough country lift but i really dont know..

the 2 brace bars is what makes it adjustable..

anyone know if someone makes a adjustable trac bar that allows me to use the stock mount with this lift? or should i just make a new mount for the stock trac bar?john

I don't know what it is either, it'll just about be cheaper to get a jks, currie, teraflex, or rockcrawler than replace all the worn out heim joints..

it looks effective, but scary and a obviously has been moving around... I see it pivots to adjust and could use a stock track bar.. there's a pic of a relocation bracket I made, it worked great, if you're into making your own things..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #191
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know what it is either, it'll just about be cheaper to get a jks, currie, teraflex, or rockcrawler than replace all the worn out heim joints..

it looks effective, but scary and a obviously has been moving around... I see it pivots to adjust and could use a stock track bar.. there's a pic of a relocation bracket I made, it worked great, if you're into making your own things..
you did some nice welds on the bracket,looks good..yeah i make most thing myself also,have had a welding shop for years..i see with your bracket it looks like you eliminated a frame brace from your bracket to the other side of the frame,or do you still use it also?
i wanna just order a adjustable trac bar from rustys but have herd they rub a lot..my stock one dont rub but id need to weld a adjustable joint on the end i cut off..and i think the stock bar is solid??if so that wont work i guess..john
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #192
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you did some nice welds on the bracket,looks good..yeah i make most thing myself also,have had a welding shop for years..i see with your bracket it looks like you eliminated a frame brace from your bracket to the other side of the frame,or do you still use it also?
i wanna just order a adjustable trac bar from rustys but have herd they rub a lot..my stock one dont rub but id need to weld a adjustable joint on the end i cut off..and i think the stock bar is solid??if so that wont work i guess..john

I put it on another rig with a jks track bar to eliminate the rub problem the pic was just to show how it was to be installed, I didn't have the camerea when it got installed and havent' seen the rig since... I won't run without a frame brace at all, not gonna reweld the frame again from ripping the whole bracket off the frame...

the bracket I made, I also used a tapered reamer in it to use with a stock track bar, tho it needed to be a bit thicker, the 5/8" flat stock worked out great for the jks because it needed the tapered hole enlarged to 9/16"
it bolts to the stock bracket and welds to the frame..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #193
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I put it on another rig with a jks track bar to eliminate the rub problem the pic was just to show how it was to be installed, I didn't have the camerea when it got installed and havent' seen the rig since... I won't run without a frame brace at all, not gonna reweld the frame again from ripping the whole bracket off the frame...

the bracket I made, I also used a tapered reamer in it to use with a stock track bar, tho it needed to be a bit thicker, the 5/8" flat stock worked out great for the jks because it needed the tapered hole enlarged to 9/16"
it bolts to the stock bracket and welds to the frame..
thanks for the info..im gonna cal rustys tomorrow and see what he says about if his will rub..he has one for a 4 inch lift and up(what i need)that has a bracket to convert it to rubber bushung at each end and says its better flex than the stock ball joint type..

correct me if im wrong but does the trac bar frame brace have to be adjustable like the junk i have now.if the new t bar was a soild mount then id think the frame brace could be solid also,thanks,john
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #194
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks for the info..im gonna cal rustys tomorrow and see what he says about if his will rub..he has one for a 4 inch lift and up(what i need)that has a bracket to convert it to rubber bushung at each end and says its better flex than the stock ball joint type..

correct me if im wrong but does the trac bar frame brace have to be adjustable like the junk i have now.if the new t bar was a soild mount then id think the frame brace could be solid also,thanks,john

I'd stay away from rusty's track bars... there's pic in here of them also..

mine is a nth degree solid adjustable.. it's about as good as it gets as far as adjustability, strength and it's frame brace.. pics of that in the first post.. well worth the money, of course you can make one of them also and use a wj grand cherokee front track bar..

https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...ode=NTH20400AA

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #195
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yall are makeing my decision very hard,haha...the more i look at rustys and curries(js9120)it kinda looks like rustys hd tb has a rubber joint at both ends and the frame joint is turned opposite of the currie johnny joint.looks like rustys would have more articulation than curries to be honest.
can someone tell me on curries johnny joint,frame end,,how much does that joint give when moveing..it looks like if it where mounted like rustys,,the opposite way it would have more movement..
never no till ya ask..ive had god luck w/rustys stuff in the past..i see the broken one on this thread was the tb with a ball joint on the end..i would be getting the one for a 4 inch lift that has rubber mount on both ends..

yalls opinions matter,thats why im asking...john

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.