tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #166
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_stryker View Post
Ive got jks with a 2 inch bb, and dana 44s with no contact issues. Full flex comes close but still doesnt touch.
how long are your shocks?

they act as bumptops if they are longer than 22.5" without extentions...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #167
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
1)good luck with that... the jj end needs to coped and welded to the outside of the joint, otherwise, you need about 2" of bumpstops to prevent it from hitting...

2)setting proper caster actually tilts the differential pinion down and away from the front end components. in other words, the upper arms get shortened.
1) Can you explain this with a picture or a draw or something(sorry but i don't quite get it since english isn't my L1)

2) The things i changed upfront are the front lca with RE ones nonadjustable and installed cam-bolts and pushed the lca all the way back as far as the cam-bolts allowed me.upper ca are stock.I believe that what i did with the lca helped the dana 30 cover to move a little bit away from the jks trackbar,otherwise the contact imo would have been bigger...

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #168
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
this might be enough... I'd say it will amount to close to 2"...

yep, that is what I was thinking. I just need to do it.

THinking I will be able to still get the frame brace to work as well.
Unread 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #169
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nriver View Post
yep, that is what I was thinking. I just need to do it.

THinking I will be able to still get the frame brace to work as well.
no doubt....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #170
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
1) Can you explain this with a picture or a draw or something(sorry but i don't quite get it since english isn't my L1)

2) The things i changed upfront are the front lca with RE ones nonadjustable and installed cam-bolts and pushed the lca all the way back as far as the cam-bolts allowed me.upper ca are stock.I believe that what i did with the lca helped the dana 30 cover to move a little bit away from the jks trackbar,otherwise the contact imo would have been bigger...
yep...

re cope and reweld the bar back on the jj end like so...

the re uppers shorten to 15.5" max... that leaves the caster about 3-4 degrees with 16" fixed lowers...

unscrew the adjustable upper leave the jam nut on, cut a half inch off of the threads, remove and replace the jam nut.. it chases the treads, replace the adjustable end, screw it on till it bottoms out.. sorry I didn't snap any pic of it as I cut..

you can clearly see it now screws on farther... which tilts the pinion down ward and raises the degrees of caster

if that's not enough, use cam bolts to lengthen the lower arms... this particular unit is now set at 5.9 degrees caster, got rid of alot of problems including a front shaft vibration.

I did notice you have stock uppers and re fixed lowers.. they are 16", lengthening them with the cam bolts, does create more room and more caster...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #171
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

will that new Currie TB work with lifts under 3"?
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #172
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mudb8:

Running a RE 4.5 SF lift with 3.5 springs so I don't know if I fall into your category since the springs net a bit more. However, I do not rub with my RE adj track bar before and after the currie steering. Btw good info in here good to see you helping out all the others with the issues. Also I only run a warn half cover diff skid may be another reason why no rubbing.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #173
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WranglerX View Post
Mudb8:

Running a RE 4.5 SF lift with 3.5 springs so I don't know if I fall into your category since the springs net a bit more. However, I do not rub with my RE adj track bar before and after the currie steering. Btw good info in here good to see you helping out all the others with the issues. Also I only run a warn half cover diff skid may be another reason why no rubbing.

yep, the 4" lifts run a shock length that amounts to having 2" extended bumpstops wether you have em or not... one of the recent pics I posted that has the re track bar rubbing is a 4.5" re lift though... the rub is minor, but it's there..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #174
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
will that new Currie TB work with lifts under 3"?

I can't imagine that it won't... worst case is you'd just have to shorten it on the axle mount end by cutting down the bar a half inch (guessing on the 1/2" BTW)... so it'll adjust down enough to center the axles of 0-3" lifts.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #175
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

question about the johnny joint. if I was to rework my JKS like the new Currie unit, how do I disassemble and reassemble the johnny joint? other than a set of snap ring pliers, will I need any other special tools? is it a pain to get the joint reassembled?
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #176
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
question about the johnny joint. if I was to rework my JKS like the new Currie unit, how do I disassemble and reassemble the johnny joint? other than a set of snap ring pliers, will I need any other special tools? is it a pain to get the joint reassembled?
it's not real difficult, a vice can help alot... curries site might help you out with that, ther may even be a video you can watch..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-05-2009, 06:35 AM   #177
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I use a small press with a couple of sockets. You just need to compress the joint enought to get the snap ring out, and the rest is easy. If you had a big vice you may be able to use that.

Currie has a tool to do this if you want to go that route. http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2885
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #178
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
I use a small press with a couple of sockets. You just need to compress the joint enought to get the snap ring out, and the rest is easy. If you had a big vice you may be able to use that.

Currie has a tool to do this if you want to go that route. http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2885

thank you kiwi

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #179
richard_stryker
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Stock shocks for now.

Quote:
how long are your shocks?

they act as bumptops if they are longer than 22.5" without extentions...
richard_stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #180
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

So, I did modify my TB mount today. I am to tired to take pics, but I did add a second sheer point to the front of the FT mount. If it does not work I can always go back to they way they designed it. I also moved teh TB mount up by about a inch. Thinking this would help with the diff contact.

It looks something like this.

At the end of the day it rides good, no bump steer.... Took it around the block.

I do need to figure out how to bend the bar back about a inch. There is some stress between the frame mount and the diff mount. That or re mount the frame mount at a 5 degree angle, something like that.

I have gone full cycle with the suspension with no contact.

I also lost my frame brace, as it sits there would be some contact. Thinking I could resolve this issue, just tired of being on my back under the jeep.

Not sure this is my long term solution.

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.