tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 113 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #1681
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 3" lift, MC track bar, currie steering, solid cover and no rubbing on the diff cover. Before that I had the ZJ steering and stock TB with no rubbing.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Indyorv.com[/FONT][/FONT]
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #1682
mdileonyc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

listen this thread is so long wow. i would appreciate some help, i live in nyc go out to long island= the country alot i dont do any off roading if i did it be for movin thru snow or maybe a light trail at some point. im mainly on the crappy roads. i would like to put 2 inch spacers and a 1.25 inch body lift on my stock 99 tj sahara and probably run 33s, and was wondering which is the best track bar to get or if i need one for what i plan on doing. thanks
mdileonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #1683
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdileonyc
listen this thread is so long wow. i would appreciate some help, i live in nyc go out to long island= the country alot i dont do any off roading if i did it be for movin thru snow or maybe a light trail at some point. im mainly on the crappy roads. i would like to put 2 inch spacers and a 1.25 inch body lift on my stock 99 tj sahara and probably run 33s, and was wondering which is the best track bar to get or if i need one for what i plan on doing. thanks
The stock track bar is best for your proposed setup
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #1684
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
The stock track bar is best for your proposed setup
x2
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #1685
mdileonyc
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys so much
mdileonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #1686
Jeep_Tech
2004 TJ Wrangler 

04 Rubicon with 2.5in lift and killing stock trackbar bushings really fast. Getting new arms and want a adjustable track bar that will hold up to 35s and hard on the skinny pedal
Jeep_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #1687
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Tech View Post
04 Rubicon with 2.5in lift and killing stock trackbar bushings really fast. Getting new arms and want a adjustable track bar that will hold up to 35s and hard on the skinny pedal
Metalcloak with slightly off-center axle, or JKS #126 with V8 ZJ tie-rod & ~1" bumpstop extension.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #1688
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Tech View Post
Use a moog track bar or moog replacement cleavite bushing cartriges.
Cheap replacements have soft bushings.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #1689
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post

Use a moog track bar or moog replacement cleavite bushing cartriges.
Cheap replacements have soft bushings.
This^ I'm running an ome 2.5" lift on my lj and replaced my front track bar with a moog. It was actually slightly longer than the stock one I took off so it actually centered the axle a small amount, and on a smaller lift it's not off that much anyways. If I had 3"+ I would have gone with the metal cloak all day long for clearance but it would have been too long.
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #1690
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post

This^ I'm running an ome 2.5" lift on my lj and replaced my front track bar with a moog. It was actually slightly longer than the stock one I took off so it actually centered the axle a small amount, and on a smaller lift it's not off that much anyways. If I had 3"+ I would have gone with the metal cloak all day long for clearance but it would have been too long.
Factory bars can be put in a press and lengthend by flatening the bends slightly.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 08-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #1691
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post

Factory bars can be put in a press and lengthend by flatening the bends slightly.
Not something I had considered, but if I were installing one I would probably have this done, but most likely won't take it back out for the very small amount it is off centered. Thanks
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #1692
traveler05LJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I recently purchased an 06 TJ that had a few problems (brakes which have been fixed and the front track bar). I replaced it with a MOOG but I'm getting a knock when I turn the wheel. I looked at it and the frame end is moving. I'm guessing the hole got wallowed out. What is the best way to fix this? I only have a 2" spring spacer lift and I'm afraid if I get an adjustable MC or JKS that require a bigger hole they will be too long for this lift. Thanks for any help!
Before

After - Yeah I know the grease is coming out. (I put too much in trying to get rid of the knock)
traveler05LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #1693
05LJTampa
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I listened to unlimited04 and did the jks adj tb and zj tie rod with bumpstops. Happy with it, i did mine before metalcloak came out with theirs.
05LJTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #1694
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler05LJ
I recently purchased an 06 TJ that had a few problems (brakes which have been fixed and the front track bar). I replaced it with a MOOG but I'm getting a knock when I turn the wheel. I looked at it and the frame end is moving. I'm guessing the hole got wallowed out. What is the best way to fix this? I only have a 2" spring spacer lift and I'm afraid if I get an adjustable MC or JKS that require a bigger hole they will be too long for this lift. Thanks for any help! Before After - Yeah I know the grease is coming out. (I put too much in trying to get rid of the knock)
Are you certain it's the hole wallowed out and not just a bad joint on the track bar? Does the crown nut visually move, or just the lower portion of the joint? They are a tapered fit, so while not impossible, it's unlikely that the bracket wallowed out unless someone removed the cotter pin and loosened the track bar at one time than never replaced the cotter pin after tightening allowing the crown not to somehow back off.

Was the track bar you removed stock, or adjustable? If it was aftermarket adjustable there is a good chance they drilled out the taper for a 9/16"-5/8" bolt.

The jks 126 will adjust short enough for a 2" bb. You will need 2" bumpstop extension for tie rod to track bar clearance if you don't also add a v8 zj tie rid. You than need 1" for tie rod to track bar clearance. You may still need more bumpstop extension for other parameters and should always check clearances.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #1695
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

It really does not matter if the hole is wallowed out. Clamping forces hold it, not the bolt and hole. It is not a hitch pin. The bolt has to be loose to wallow out the hole.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.