tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 112 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #1666
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustymc View Post
It fits!

[*]RE 3.5" lift springs, RE adjustable "superflex" arms
[*8" total bumpstop, measured between spring pads at full stuff - I have no idea what stock bumpstops look like[*]Currie/Savvy CurrectLync steering[*]D30, Solid cover[*]Metalcloak trackbar[*]I had to grind one "fin" off the diff cover, and take a very thin slice off the top edge of the block that the fill plug screws into.[*]Trackbar just touches the diff cover at full stuff. Maybe 1/16" clearance between the steering stabilizer bracket bolts and the trackbar. No problem anywhere else, although I did have to fiddle with the draglink adjuster[*]https://imgur.com/a/rbKvS[*]Yea, I know, mad photography skills. I'm available for weddings....
Fancy...

Looks like mine has more clearance with 1.5" bumpstop requirements than the mc with your 2" stops... It is a takeoff, unknown brand, i cut off the cold cut axle end and rotated it a bit and one rib.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #1667
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Recycled Ram 3500 to tj track bar.

I cut off the bad tre, drilled and taped it out for a 3/4" heim. My intended joint was a 1" shank, narrow 2" Johnny joint but i couldnt seem to find my 1" tap.
It got put in the bender for bracket clearance and to level the angle for the frame side. Measured and shortened for the current lift height. It will get a tj cleavite replacement bushing in place of the 14mm dodge bushing. The hole isnt egged out, there is no reason for drilling it out anyway as the 10mm bolt is sufficient due to the clamping force it is capable of.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 03-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #1668
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I dig it. But it would take less effort and time to drill the axle bracket holes out and slap a new bolt in vs. installing a new Clevite bushing. Cheaper, as well.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #1669
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I dig it. But it would take less effort and time to drill the axle bracket holes out and slap a new bolt in vs. installing a new Clevite bushing. Cheaper, as well.
Besides a 14mm/ 9/16" drill bit, 14x70mm bolt, prevaling torque nut, washers and cutting part of the bottom off the axle bracket to fit a 13/16"/21mm ( 7/8 if you cant get a shouldered nut), wrench in there to hold the nut, the moog k7252/ dodge clevite bushing doesnt flex as well as the tj bushing having a much smaller sleeve and the cold cut rings need to shaved to use them as a replacement. I refuse to install any polly bushing in there. A factory rear track bar bushing can be substituted, drilling out the hole to 12mm. I havent yet come up with a part number/application for one yet. I have reused them before tho, it's not always easy to get them out not harming them.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #1670
wildrnesxperie
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hello JeepForum! First time poster, had my LJ for 10 years from new. Always loved it but only now looking to modify a bit. Was looking at the Zone 4.25" lift. Will a Metalcloak adjustable front track bar have any clearance issues on the diff or should I just drill the brackets and use stock? Thanks!
wildrnesxperie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #1671
ex m38a1er
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe someone has already tried it...
2.5'' OME+1.25''BL for my KM2 33s...and a Rockcrusher front diff cover.
I have to change my TB bushings (both ends) and thinking...what the...why not buy a new adjustable one...
Am i opening a can of worms?

'WHO DARES,WINS'

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/e...-my-tj-723762/
ex m38a1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #1672
SilverTJMike
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Leave it be, just go with stock. Yes its a rather large can.
SilverTJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #1673
wildrnesxperie
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Any comments on the Metalcloak TB? Or should I just stick with stock? Would I also be opening a can of worms adding an adjustable TB with the Zone 4.25"?
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #1674
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrnesxperie View Post
Any comments on the Metalcloak TB? Or should I just stick with stock? Would I also be opening a can of worms adding an adjustable TB with the Zone 4.25"?
the Metalcloak will be fine with 3" of lift. So will the JKS #126, if you use a V8 ZJ tie-rod and run at least 1" front bumpstop extension. Currie TJS/TJJ will work with 2" bumpstop extension, IIRC.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #1675
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC the shocks sold with the 4.25" zone lift required 1.5" front and something like 2.5" rear bumpstop extension. It's doubtful you will have any issue with the metalcloak track bar.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #1676
wildrnesxperie
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Okay cool thanks. The guy on the previous page had a MC tb and he had to grind parts of the diff cover off. Will that be in store for me with the 3" suspension lift and MC tb?
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #1677
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrnesxperie View Post
Okay cool thanks. The guy on the previous page had a MC tb and he had to grind parts of the diff cover off. Will that be in store for me with the 3" suspension lift and MC tb?
if you buy some giant fat diff cover, yes. you'll have major clearance problems.

if you stick with the stock diff cover you'll be fine.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #1678
wildrnesxperie
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ahh! Good to know thanks!
Unread 07-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #1679
m44
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So I have 4" of lift and need a new diff cover I'm running currie steering and trackbar my buddy has a arb cover and it rubs. Is the Barnett still the best option?
Unread 07-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #1680
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44 View Post
So I have 4" of lift and need a new diff cover I'm running currie steering and trackbar my buddy has a arb cover and it rubs. Is the Barnett still the best option?
Best option are axles that don't use diff covers. But if you do use diff covers, then yes . . Barnett.

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.