tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 10-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #1636
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post

I doubt you'll find any rubbing. Did you have any trouble centering the axle, ie TB too long?
Yeah its a tad long. I collapsed it as far as it can go and I'll tell you what...the front axle is more centered with this one than the factory TB w/ lift. Also I netted a total of 2 3/4" of suspension lift from the OME HD springs so that put it a bit closer in my favor. After new metal cloak TB install, I think its the passenger sticks out apx. 1/4". That to me is negligible.

CommonSense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #1637
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
Yeah its a tad long. I collapsed it as far as it can go and I'll tell you what...the front axle is more centered with this one than the factory TB w/ lift. Also I netted a total of 2 3/4" of suspension lift from the OME HD springs so that put it a bit closer in my favor. After new metal cloak TB install, I think its the passenger sticks out apx. 1/4". That to me is negligible.
1/4" out is livable. I netted the same as you (also HD springs), but after I added my winch and winch plate, it dropped me back down to 2.5". I have no clearance issues with my JKS front TB, so you should have miles of room!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #1638
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I think your right too. I did a good bit of rooting around on here before I pulled the trigger on the TB. I also have a winch and bumper on mine as well... But my winch is a puny 5,000 pounder (which makes me use a snatch block to be safe every darn time) and I hacked the bumper down a bit so its now flush with the frame rails...so probably less weight up front. I'll try to get some pics up of the TB and maybe more...
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #1639
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchStanton View Post

By your questions, I probably don't need adjustable control arms. But thanks anyway!
The jks make fine stock replacements. They are way ahead of tera's design with fine threads and sealed shafts. Tera also used small diameter hard polly bushing that had no flexibility. That is what caused mount failure. Jks use the same exact clevite bushing as stock arms. They do flex very well in reality.
I would use them without hesitation for mostly hwy useage up to 4" lifts with less than 10" travel shocks. I believe Youll never experience any failure or abnormal bushing wear provided the sway bar links stay connected.

Track bars, track bars......

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #1640
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I'm sick of my attempts at uploading pics from my phone resulting in " your pic of 527kb exceeds the allowed 150kb limit"... NO pics = garbage. NO rubbing= GOOD.
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #1641
BGClemson

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I'm sick of my attempts at uploading pics from my phone resulting in " your pic of 527kb exceeds the allowed 150kb limit"... NO pics = garbage. NO rubbing= GOOD.
How to post a pic
BGClemson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #1642
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been on that one before and just tried it now and still nothing!! I have the GCS Publishing app for this forum and searched for the Auto app but no luck. I PMed the guy who put together the "how to post a pic with your smartphone" so we shall see...
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #1643
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Host before you post. It's not rocket science.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #1644
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Whatever
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1645
JFcavedweller

1999 TJ Wrangler 

my new generation rough country adjustable track rod with the thicker tubing self-destructed before it had a chance to bang on the differential. the bracket kept working loose and causing death wobble, then after I got that resolved the tube wallowed out at the threads. back to the stock rod for me
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #1646
Vic99TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So is there a definitive answer for a 3.25 lift and trac bars?
Vic99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #1647
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic99TJ View Post
So is there a definitive answer for a 3.25 lift and trac bars?
Metalcloak, Currie TJS/TJJ or JKS #126. Which one depends on how much work you're willing to do, how much you want to drill out, how you tolerate heim vs JJ's, and how much bumpstop extension and tie-rod you're using.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #1648
TigreJuapo05

my current setup up is OME 2.5inch HD springs and Bilstieen 5100's and im about to pick up JKS front trac bar, Rubi express adj. lca's and two inch bumpstops. as a solution to the death wobble. should be good. ill update soon
TigreJuapo05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #1649
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigreJuapo05 View Post
my current setup up is OME 2.5inch HD springs and Bilstieen 5100's and im about to pick up JKS front trac bar, Rubi express adj. lca's and two inch bumpstops. as a solution to the death wobble. should be good. ill update soon
Avoid the Rubicon Express lowers and buy a good set instead.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #1650
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
Avoid the Rubicon Express lowers and buy a good set instead.
What's wrong with RE lowers?
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.