tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #151
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
There was another thread that talked about trackbars breaking from repeatedly hitting the diff cover. When that happens you're s**ewed! So letting them rub the cover like shown in your pic is fine but when there is less clearance and they hit with force, repeatedly, is when its not OK...
I agree this was the first wheeling trip and that was the damage from it. Im gonna have to figure this out. Maybe a different Diff cover.

Currie Anti rock, Trail gear bumpers, Rokmen tummy tuck with Eng skid, Genright Rockers
Smitty Bult XRC 10k winch
JESSETHELJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #152
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

IMHO, diff covers only make the problem worse. Unless you use one that only covers the bottom portion on the diff.

One of these days I will make my modifications to my trackbar and help provide a solution. When I get the time and gumption.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #153
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ill post some pics of a set up that i know works. You have to relocate the front track bar bracket. Ill post some pics when I get back home. Didnt want to do this till i got my 44 but oh well.
Currie Anti rock, Trail gear bumpers, Rokmen tummy tuck with Eng skid, Genright Rockers
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #154
masterwacker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
pics? please..

they actually don't hit while flexing, they hit under compression of both springs at the same time such as jumping or simply driving over a curb...
I will take pictures of it here shortly. I didn't notice any hitting with compressing springs at same time, but I will double check this too.

Paul
masterwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #155
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Full spring compression of both springs like so...? Or like trying to Winch somone out of a mud hole?
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #156
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
Sorry but JKS sells a trackbar for 0-3.5'' lifts and warns nobody about anything!!I repeat that i have a 2.5'' OME with 0.25'' spacers up front and a dana30 with factory diff cover and it hits.So in my book JKS is to blame and they should at least come forward and post an apologie in this GREAT thread .
Im unaware of the 0-3.5", but I am aware of the 1-3" which is the OGS 126. JKS warns against the dana 30 with an aftermarket diff, so that means you have another issue. Have you lengthened your wheelbase via front adjustable control arms? How bout your caster, what is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #157
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2008 View Post
Sorry but JKS sells a trackbar for 0-3.5'' lifts and warns nobody about anything!!I repeat that i have a 2.5'' OME with 0.25'' spacers up front and a dana30 with factory diff cover and it hits.So in my book JKS is to blame and they should at least come forward and post an apologie in this GREAT thread .
good luck with that... the jj end needs to coped and welded to the outside of the joint, otherwise, you need about 2" of bumpstops to prevent it from hitting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nriver View Post
IMHO, diff covers only make the problem worse. Unless you use one that only covers the bottom portion on the diff.

One of these days I will make my modifications to my trackbar and help provide a solution. When I get the time and gumption.

this is one I made to fit the jks, RE, ft, and stock track bars.. it relocates the bar 2" forward, welds to the frame and bolts to the stock track bar mount..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSETHELJ View Post
Ill post some pics of a set up that i know works. You have to relocate the front track bar bracket. Ill post some pics when I get back home. Didnt want to do this till i got my 44 but oh well.
currie is a good place to start.... unless you can fab up your own. or just re do the jj end of the jks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Im unaware of the 0-3.5", but I am aware of the 1-3" which is the OGS 126. JKS warns against the dana 30 with an aftermarket diff, so that means you have another issue. Have you lengthened your wheelbase via front adjustable control arms? How bout your caster, what is it?
setting proper caster actually tilts the differential pinion down and away from the front end components. in other words, the upper arms get shortened.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #158
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
setting proper caster actually tilts the differential pinion down and away from the front end components. in other words, the upper arms get shortened.
I know, I just want to know what his caster is set at. Im thinking he might have addressed the caster as well as wheel base at the same time which would push that axle wwaaaay up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #159
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thinking my FT frame side trackbar should be easily modified. Thinking I can cut off the existing bushing mount and install a new bushing mount forward. Then I can add a gusset to make sure it is strong. Not sure how far forward I am going to move it. Should be a easy project, I just need to pull the front end apart again to do it.

You can see their normal mount in the lower part of this picture.

Unread 06-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #160
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I think that the main issue is the Axle mount is to low. its gonna take a few but ill post some pics of when its complete.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #161
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've been talking with Dave at Northridge, trying to order the "new" Currie TB. He finally got to talk with one of the engineers at Currie and they told him that they are still about 3 weeks out from shipping any of the "new" TBs. Apparently some were sent to help customers in a bind but they are not yet available to me yet...
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #162
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSETHELJ View Post
I think that the main issue is the Axle mount is to low. its gonna take a few but ill post some pics of when its complete.
you do not want to mess with the axle mount, moving/raising it without using high steering will cause you many other problems...

cut the JJ off of the frame end, re cope the tube to move it towards the front of the joint and reweld it back on... problem solved. or you can make a bracket like the one I posted to move it forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
I've been talking with Dave at Northridge, trying to order the "new" Currie TB. He finally got to talk with one of the engineers at Currie and they told him that they are still about 3 weeks out from shipping any of the "new" TBs. Apparently some were sent to help customers in a bind but they are not yet available to me yet...
ouch... I'm sure the demand will be high as word gets out..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #163
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

High steer is going to be a part of my fix also going to need to relocate sway bar mounts and track bar bracket.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #164
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nriver View Post
Thinking my FT frame side trackbar should be easily modified. Thinking I can cut off the existing bushing mount and install a new bushing mount forward. Then I can add a gusset to make sure it is strong. Not sure how far forward I am going to move it. Should be a easy project, I just need to pull the front end apart again to do it.

You can see their normal mount in the lower part of this picture.

[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/inline6_bucket/jeep%202/IMG_0244.jpg[/IM
this might be enough... I'd say it will amount to close to 2"...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #165
richard_stryker
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ive got jks with a 2 inch bb, and dana 44s with no contact issues. Full flex comes close but still doesnt touch.
richard_stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.