tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #1606
BYuen
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: , Arkansas
Posts: 4,636
I've been meaning to post these pics for a while. Pushed the front axle to full bump back in January and here were my results with my setup. 3" bumpstops, RE trackbar, and Riddler vs OEM cover.

Don't mind the block of wood. I found out that I needed about 3" of bumpstop before my shocks bottomed out, but I only had 2" bumpstops. Had to improvise for the bump test... Don't worry, I have legit 3" bumpstops installed right now. As you can see, in this first picture I was not able to make it to full bump due to contact with the trackbar and D30 Riddler cover.




Full bump, 3" bumpstops, and shocks fully compressed.




Needless to say, I switched out my Riddler cover for the oem cover with a bolt on skid.

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #1607
Bobbys34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Mines rubbin enough to scrape it down to bare metal, I recently purchased a stock non adjustable will that work with only 2 inch spacer lift?
Bobbys34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #1608
Bobbys34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
I don't know who made the bar on mine it was on it when u bought it but it looks Judy like that one minus the wood
Bobbys34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #1609
BYuen
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: , Arkansas
Posts: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys34
Mines rubbin enough to scrape it down to bare metal, I recently purchased a stock non adjustable will that work with only 2 inch spacer lift?
It will work.Your axle will be a little off center. To fix this you can drill another hole to the side of the factory location on the axle side track bar bracket
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #1610
Bobbys34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen

It will work.Your axle will be a little off center. To fix this you can drill another hole to the side of the factory location on the axle side track bar bracket
I think I'll just get another adjustable one
Bobbys34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #1611
TheRealZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 94
Might be time to update this thread......looks like MetalCloaks TB's work on low lifts with NO extra bumpstopping needed.
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #1612
Bobbys34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ
Might be time to update this thread......looks like MetalCloaks TB's work on low lifts with NO extra bumpstopping needed.
Thanks where can I find the metal cloaks at and how reliable are they?
Bobbys34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #1613
TheRealZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys34 View Post
Thanks where can I find the metal cloaks at and how reliable are they?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/op...cloak-1524869/
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #1614
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?
 
mudb8's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Estacada, oregon
Posts: 5,624
Send me one threefingers...
__________________
I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable


HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride




2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #1615
CommonSense
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 136
Any stats and pics of the new metal cloak TB installed...? anyone?
CommonSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #1616
mike_dippert
hodophobic
 
mike_dippert's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
Any stats and pics of the new metal cloak TB installed...? anyone?
Go look in that thread...
__________________
You can't argue with ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #1617
jermeyg
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 525
Thought I would share some of my track bar experience:
Currie Bumpstops removed the 1" spacer. (added 1" spacer back so I can clear stock fenders)
Currie TJS/TJJ trackbar.
Tie Rod flipped on driver side.




jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1618
baldness17
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 31
I just installed the Currie TJJ since my frame mount was already drilled out. When checking at full bump, the gusset on the frame side of the trac bar contacted a bolt on the stock diff cover, requiring 3" of bumpstop ext. Has anyone else had this problem? I have OME TJ Heavy springs up front with a winch, steel cable and plate, which brings the front back down a bit. I'm contemplating wether adding a 1" coil spacer, and then adjusting the trac bar out to recenter the axle, will allow that gusset to clear the diff bolt. Either that or I'll just grind it down a little.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
baldness17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1619
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldness17 View Post
I just installed the Currie TJJ since my frame mount was already drilled out. When checking at full bump, the gusset on the frame side of the trac bar contacted a bolt on the stock diff cover, requiring 3" of bumpstop ext. Has anyone else had this problem? I have OME TJ Heavy springs up front with a winch, steel cable and plate, which brings the front back down a bit. I'm contemplating wether adding a 1" coil spacer, and then adjusting the trac bar out to recenter the axle, will allow that gusset to clear the diff bolt. Either that or I'll just grind it down a little.
I'm guessing by heavy duty springs you mean OME 933's. Swap to OME 934 springs in front, you won't need a spacer. It's a higher rate & longer coil. Also, take a silver sharpie marker, and outline the offending area on the gusset and grind it down.

That should solve most of the issues. You'll probably find a new limting factor, but if you can get down to ~1-1.5" bumpstop extension with that setup you're doing just fine. With a 1.25" BL, that'll clear 33s.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #1620
jermeyg
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I'm guessing by heavy duty springs you mean OME 933's. Swap to OME 934 springs in front, you won't need a spacer. It's a higher rate & longer coil. Also, take a silver sharpie marker, and outline the offending area on the gusset and grind it down.

That should solve most of the issues. You'll probably find a new limting factor, but if you can get down to ~1-1.5" bumpstop extension with that setup you're doing just fine. With a 1.25" BL, that'll clear 33s.
Another option if you have adjustable control arms is to shorten them up about 1/4" and see how it clears. What unlimited04 suggested is a good option as well.
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tj , track bar
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.