tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #1606
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been meaning to post these pics for a while. Pushed the front axle to full bump back in January and here were my results with my setup. 3" bumpstops, RE trackbar, and Riddler vs OEM cover.

Don't mind the block of wood. I found out that I needed about 3" of bumpstop before my shocks bottomed out, but I only had 2" bumpstops. Had to improvise for the bump test... Don't worry, I have legit 3" bumpstops installed right now. As you can see, in this first picture I was not able to make it to full bump due to contact with the trackbar and D30 Riddler cover.

Full bump, 3" bumpstops, and shocks fully compressed.

Needless to say, I switched out my Riddler cover for the oem cover with a bolt on skid.

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #1607
Bobbys34

Mines rubbin enough to scrape it down to bare metal, I recently purchased a stock non adjustable will that work with only 2 inch spacer lift?
Bobbys34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #1608
Bobbys34

I don't know who made the bar on mine it was on it when u bought it but it looks Judy like that one minus the wood
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #1609
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys34
Mines rubbin enough to scrape it down to bare metal, I recently purchased a stock non adjustable will that work with only 2 inch spacer lift?
It will work.Your axle will be a little off center. To fix this you can drill another hole to the side of the factory location on the axle side track bar bracket
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #1610
Bobbys34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen

It will work.Your axle will be a little off center. To fix this you can drill another hole to the side of the factory location on the axle side track bar bracket
I think I'll just get another adjustable one
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #1611
TheRealZ

Might be time to update this thread......looks like MetalCloaks TB's work on low lifts with NO extra bumpstopping needed.
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #1612
Bobbys34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ
Might be time to update this thread......looks like MetalCloaks TB's work on low lifts with NO extra bumpstopping needed.
Thanks where can I find the metal cloaks at and how reliable are they?
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #1613
TheRealZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys34 View Post
Thanks where can I find the metal cloaks at and how reliable are they?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/op...cloak-1524869/
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #1614
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Send me one threefingers...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #1615
CommonSense
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any stats and pics of the new metal cloak TB installed...? anyone?
CommonSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #1616
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
Any stats and pics of the new metal cloak TB installed...? anyone?
Go look in that thread...
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #1617
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thought I would share some of my track bar experience:
Currie Bumpstops removed the 1" spacer. (added 1" spacer back so I can clear stock fenders)
Currie TJS/TJJ trackbar.
Tie Rod flipped on driver side.

jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1618
baldness17
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed the Currie TJJ since my frame mount was already drilled out. When checking at full bump, the gusset on the frame side of the trac bar contacted a bolt on the stock diff cover, requiring 3" of bumpstop ext. Has anyone else had this problem? I have OME TJ Heavy springs up front with a winch, steel cable and plate, which brings the front back down a bit. I'm contemplating wether adding a 1" coil spacer, and then adjusting the trac bar out to recenter the axle, will allow that gusset to clear the diff bolt. Either that or I'll just grind it down a little.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
baldness17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1619
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldness17 View Post
I just installed the Currie TJJ since my frame mount was already drilled out. When checking at full bump, the gusset on the frame side of the trac bar contacted a bolt on the stock diff cover, requiring 3" of bumpstop ext. Has anyone else had this problem? I have OME TJ Heavy springs up front with a winch, steel cable and plate, which brings the front back down a bit. I'm contemplating wether adding a 1" coil spacer, and then adjusting the trac bar out to recenter the axle, will allow that gusset to clear the diff bolt. Either that or I'll just grind it down a little.
I'm guessing by heavy duty springs you mean OME 933's. Swap to OME 934 springs in front, you won't need a spacer. It's a higher rate & longer coil. Also, take a silver sharpie marker, and outline the offending area on the gusset and grind it down.

That should solve most of the issues. You'll probably find a new limting factor, but if you can get down to ~1-1.5" bumpstop extension with that setup you're doing just fine. With a 1.25" BL, that'll clear 33s.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #1620
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I'm guessing by heavy duty springs you mean OME 933's. Swap to OME 934 springs in front, you won't need a spacer. It's a higher rate & longer coil. Also, take a silver sharpie marker, and outline the offending area on the gusset and grind it down.

That should solve most of the issues. You'll probably find a new limting factor, but if you can get down to ~1-1.5" bumpstop extension with that setup you're doing just fine. With a 1.25" BL, that'll clear 33s.
Another option if you have adjustable control arms is to shorten them up about 1/4" and see how it clears. What unlimited04 suggested is a good option as well.
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.