tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #1546
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
I am currious as to why I do not have contact on mine. Since my profile is for my other Jeep: Rubicon Express TB, Solid Diff cover, no drop bracket or pitman arm, LP 30, Savvy control arms, Rock Crawler steering, and Antirock. I run no bump stop extensions. Just wondering why my heep would be a bit of an exception
why don't you push the axle to full bump and find out?

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #1547
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616

If you had been reading his post I was responding to you would see that would be rough country; ). Most here would agree that the stock track bar is better then 99.9% of the aftermarket bars out there.

Why do you assume everyone else is going to be playing on the rocks? The vast majority of people on this forum will never see anything more difficult then some sand, mud, or forest trails.

He also stated he wanted the 3.25" rc lift, nothing about 4"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
If you had been reading his post I was responding to you would see that would be rough country; ).
I see that now. For some reason my iPhone didn't show that post so I assumed "their" was refering to us guys here that have aftermarket TBs. My apologies.

Quote:
Most here would agree that the stock track bar is better then 99.9% of the aftermarket bars out there.
Now you know this just isn't the case. If it were, this and 5000 other threads here on the JF and countless other forums would not exist.

Quote:
Why do you assume everyone else is going to be playing on the rocks? The vast majority of people on this forum will never see anything more difficult then some sand, mud, or forest trails.
I make no assumption as to where everyone else is wheeling. And I ride dirt and sand as well. My general my philosophy is, "build it strong, simple and smart" The fewer the weak links I have on my Jeep, the less I have to worry about breaking on the rocks...or the trail...or where ever else I may be at the time. It's about peace of mind for me. And I find comfort in the fact that I've never once been "that guy" who breaks on the trail and holds the entire group up. To each their own though. If you feel confident that your stock parts are strong enough for your particular application, that fine.

Sent from my JeepForum using iPhone...oh wait...what?...
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #1548
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
why don't you push the axle to full bump and find out?
Guess I can pull the springs next weekend.
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1549
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
I am currious as to why I do not have contact on mine. Since my profile is for my other Jeep: Rubicon Express TB, Solid Diff cover, no drop bracket or pitman arm, LP 30, Savvy control arms, Rock Crawler steering, and Antirock. I run no bump stop extensions. Just wondering why my heep would be a bit of an exception
My point exactly no two Jeeps are alike!

We are somewhat similar in our specs. I have the following, and never had contact issues with or without bump stop extensions.

-Solid diff cover
-No drop bracket or pitman arm (Per Savvy recommendations)
-D30
-Savvy control arms
-CurrectLync steering
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #1550
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
never had contact issues with or without bump stop extensions.
using your shocks as bumpstops doesn't count
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #1551
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
using your shocks as bumpstops doesn't count
That's here say! Hehehe

Unread 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #1552
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We shall see. Fender clearance, shock travel and bump stop is all at 4 inch uptravel. I have to admit though I have never removed the spring to check. Im just glad I have yet to run into problems. Should have read this thread before purchasing a couple things, but maybe i got lucky

I wonder if my antirock is acting as a limit though
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #1553
cleveland99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

OK I still am curious what to use I understand that stock is better but I am not to sure on drilling a new hole
cleveland99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #1554
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Now you know this just isn't the case. If it were, this and 5000 other threads here on the JF and countless other forums would not exist.

Then you don't pay much attention to what's said in those threads pertaining to low suspension lifts and aftermarket track bars.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #1555
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That's here say! Hehehe

So did you relocate the shock mounts, or are you using a shock with a collapsed length around 15" with the 2" bump stop extensions?
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #1556
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Then you don't pay much attention to what's said in those threads pertaining to low suspension lifts and aftermarket track bars.
The key words here. "pertaining to low suspension lifts"

I suppose would agree with your pro stock preference if you added "pertaining to low suspension lifts" to your post below:

Quote:
Most here would agree that the stock track bar is better then 99.9% of the aftermarket bars out there.
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #1557
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

After everything I went through today, I would say that If you are only wheeling a 2" or less lift, you should keep the stock bar without question. You may need bump stop extensions because you are putting a larger tire in and probably discos. A stock TJ will articulate pretty well and if you are wheeling one I don't think you shuold expect it to flex allover the place, so even if you end up needing a 1" extension to not rub all over, so be it. If it eats your up travel, add some down travel with slightly longer shocks.

As you get closer to a 3" lift the stock trackbar either needs to be relocated or you will want to look at an adjustable one and 2" extensions (especially with an aftermarket diff cover). Shock choice will be key as well. I think it is probably easier to redrill the end on the trackbar mount. Heck, bring it to a muffler shop and have them weld a washer on there too. It is the easiest way to avoid any clearance issues.

If you do want to go to 4"+ or you wheel frequently, I feel you need an aftermarket trackbar. I do not know how many will clear with the 2" extensions, I just know mine does (now) and I bet a stock cover would have made my day a lot easier. I'd still like a double shear mount and after my trip I may look at rethinking mine. Maybe there is a way to set it up to be double shear with the right bracket...

At a certain point of "lift" I would also suspect you "need" to readdress all of the front geometry, not just checking trackbar fitment. Whether it is long arms with a DPA and a trackbar bracket ... I can't see anyone running that much lift and having any sort of decent angle on their steering ends. So I think at a certain point you need to plan out the entire suspension and think long and hard about how much bump stop extension you are willing to run.

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #1558
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The key words here. "pertaining to low suspension lifts"

I suppose would agree with your pro stock preference if you added "pertaining to low suspension lifts" to your post below:
That's exactly what this thread is about 0 to 3.5" of suspension lift is in the title.
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1559
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616
Then you don't pay much attention to what's said in (THOSE THREADS) pertaining to low suspension lifts and aftermarket track bars.
You said THOSE threads, no?

For the record, regardless of this or those threads,

4"+ lift...stock or aftermarket? What would you use?

Unread 03-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #1560
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

0" or 8", it doesn't matter...if your junk doesn't work at full bump, then it doesn't work.

the only difference is as you go up in lift height, you also need more bumpstop extension, and eventually you reach a point where clearances are more forgiving.

also, lots of people with said higher lifts never check if their stuff clears or not, nor do they do anything with bumpstops, they just bash the heck out of the shocks and post a thread asking what kind of shocks are good because they keep killing shocks for some reason.

and T-Jay, you still haven't answered the previous questions....what's the upper and lower control arm lengths? how about caster?

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.