tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #1501
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,384
OK, does anyone have a picture of the current Currie TJS stuffed? Link?

GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #1502
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
The Warn clears also. But, it's not a diff cover...
crazy....it's almost like it's the stock cover, with some stuff bolted on the bottom...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
OK, does anyone have a picture of the current Currie TJS stuffed? Link?
several in this thread....
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #1503
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired
 
Knuckelhead's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 15,131
[QUOTE=Unlimited04;15091365]crazy....it's almost like it's the stock cover, with some stuff bolted on the bottom...........QUOTE]

Yep.

Just bolted over/in front of the bottom...
Knuckelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #1504
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
crazy....it's almost like it's the stock cover, with some stuff bolted on the bottom...........



several in this thread....
Link to the page........still yet to find one......plenty with the JKS......nothing on the currie stuffed.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #1505
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Link to the page........still yet to find one......plenty with the JKS......nothing on the currie stuffed.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...ml#post9111287
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...l#post13806539
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r.../#post12454205
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #1506
T-Jay
Web Wheeler
 
T-Jay's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04

Well, then dispense with the internet speculation and guessing.

Push the axle to full bump and find out for yourself. Post pictures.

Well, after a long hiatus the moment of truth is finally upon us lol! I'll post lots of pics. Hopefully of my bump stop cups sitting on my bump stop extensions and my riddler and Currie adj. track bar playing nice. Hehehe.
image-393871458.jpg
image-780485559.jpg

Stay tuned....

Sent from my JeepForum using iPhone...oh wait...what?...
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #1507
T-Jay
Web Wheeler
 
T-Jay's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 1,133
Just a teaser...track bar clears the Riddler dif. Stay tuned....hehehe.

Sent from my JeepForum using iPhone...oh wait...what?...
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #1508
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler
 
LOCKED UP's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Close to Austin, TX
Posts: 3,878
I just came across this thread and WOW ... so much information!


I'm leaving for a trip on Thursday to do some wheeling and trying to get mt TJ in shape for it. This weekend I installed a (what I assume is a newer model) JKS trackbar ... and a "solid" diff cover on my TJ D30 with 3.5-4" of lift. After reading this thread, one of those may end up for sale.

I also installed adjustable LCAs that are a hair longer than stock. I had to do this because the PO put in a new front driveshaft that gets VERY tight at full droop and I don't want to toast it. Not sure why they put the newer shaft in but perhaps the old one was destroyed.

I'm going to try to do a bump test tomorrow to see how "bad" it is. I do have some RE 2" Bumpstop extensions so I am hoping for the best but expecting that I will have to order a Currie TTJ/TTS bar with the offset JJ and put the stock cover back on. Won't be the end of the world and I may "repurpose" the solid diff cover depending on how it all looks.
__________________
... an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #1509
T-Jay
Web Wheeler
 
T-Jay's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 1,133
Ok here we go. I made it to full bump on the P.S. with no issues what so ever. On the D.S. however, I had about 7/8" left to go before the 2" bump stop extension could contact the bump stop cup. The reason for this, despite popular opinion was NOT my Currie TB hitting my Riddler differential cover. It was actually the TB's frame end mount coming into contact with the inside face of my lower spring perch. After scratching my head for a while, I got out my tape measure. It turns out that my axle (under full load at ride height) is 1/2" off towards the P.S. By the time I figured this out it was to late to correct it and stuff the whole thing back up again. I had to run in and watch Nick Diaz get his #$% whipped by my boy GSP. But, with the axle at full bump on the P.S. and 7/8" from full bump on the D.S. my TB was still about 7/8" above and 1/2" forward of the most forward reaching point of my Riddler differential cover. I'll get the axle centered this week some time and I'm pretty sure that will clear up the contact issue between the TB and shock perch, but I'm sure as hell in no hurry to pull the whole thing apart again for another test after it's centered. At least not before I install my new Currie progressive rate springs in probably a couple months. So in closing, on (MY) Jeep the Currie TB clears the Riddler differential cover. It clears it on the street, It clears on the trails, it clears in the rocks and it clears it on the jack stands. My test may not have been 110% conclusive due to this technicality, but it was damn near and that's good enough for me. I'll stuff it again when I'm ready to change out my front springs but for now my mind is at ease. I'll be sure to post pics for you guys in this thread when I do the test again with the axle centered. As stated in a previously, I'm not calling any of you guys liars. Nor am I questioning your knowledge of Jeeps. Most of you are probably far more experienced than myself. I'm simply posting to show for the record that, as it's been said a million times here on JF, every Jeep is different. For some reason my Jeep appears to have no problem with the Currie track bar and Riddler dif. cover setup.

image-1975430933.jpg
image-3039828665.jpg
image-3783592141.jpg
image-40640596.jpg
image-3311363463.jpg
image-3960912415.jpg

I installed the jounce bumpers in these shots just to show how far off my axle was from center when partially stuffed. It travels even further to the P.S. at full stuff (Jounce bumpers removed)
image-2305337234.jpgimage-2116077065.jpg

Sent from my JeepForum using iPhone...oh wait...what?...
image-1744699936.jpg  
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #1510
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan, Michigan
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
Ok here we go. I made it to full bump on the P.S. with no issues what so ever. On the D.S. however, I had about 7/8" left to go before the 2" bump stop extension could contact the bump stop cup. The reason for this, despite popular opinion was NOT my Currie TB hitting my Riddler differential cover. It was actually the TB's frame end mount coming into contact with the inside face of my lower spring perch. After scratching my head for a while, I got out my tape measure. It turns out that my axle (under full load at ride height) is 1/2" off towards the P.S. By the time I figured this out it was to late to correct it and stuff the whole thing back up again. I had to run in and watch Nick Diaz get his #$% whipped by my boy GSP. But, with the axle at full bump on the P.S. and 7/8" from full bump on the D.S. my TB was still about 7/8" above and 1/2" forward of the most forward reaching point of my Riddler differential cover. I'll get the axle centered this week some time and I'm pretty sure that will clear up the contact issue between the TB and shock perch, but I'm sure as hell in no hurry to pull the whole thing apart again for another test after it's centered. At least not before I install my new Currie progressive rate springs in probably a couple months. So in closing, on (MY) Jeep the Currie TB clears the Riddler differential cover. It clears it on the street, It clears on the trails, it clears in the rocks and it clears it on the jack stands. My test may not have been 110% conclusive due to this technicality, but it was damn near and that's good enough for me. I'll stuff it again when I'm ready to change out my front springs but for now my mind is at ease. I'll be sure to post pics for you guys in this thread when I do the test again with the axle centered. As stated in a previously, I'm not calling any of you guys liars. Nor am I questioning your knowledge of Jeeps. Most of you are probably far more experienced than myself. I'm simply posting to show for the record that, as it's been said a million times here on JF, every Jeep is different. For some reason my Jeep appears to have no problem with the Currie track bar and Riddler dif. cover setup.

Sent from my JeepForum using iPhone...oh wait...what?...
Now you need to remove the huge bump stop extinctions and jounces from the cups so we can see it clear with just factory bumps.

No one here argues it can be made not to hit. The problem is how much up travel will be lost trying to avoid contact.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #1511
T-Jay
Web Wheeler
 
T-Jay's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
Now you need to remove the huge bump stop extinctions and jounces from the cups so we can see it clear with just factory bumps.

No one here argues it can be made not to hit. The problem is how much up travel will be lost trying to avoid contact.
2" is Huge?

The first four photos show the jounce bumpers removed. And there is no possible driving scenario in which my 2" aluminum bump stop extensions would be forced to compress to a measurement less than 2". What's the point in testing with them removed? I still have gobs of up travel in the front end. To the point that my tires are still getting into my fenders when the jeep is fully loaded with tools and the hard top on.
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #1512
glook
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 158
Was this picture really taken with 2" bumpstop extensions?


Because this one was taken with 1" extensions and you can see how much lower the trackbar JJ is.
imag0013.jpg  
__________________
2002 TJ 2.5L
glook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #1513
rchase559
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay

2" is Huge?

The first four photos show the jounce bumpers removed. And there is no possible driving scenario in which my 2" aluminum bump stop extensions would be forced to compress to a measurement less than 2". What's the point in testing with them removed? I still have gobs of up travel in the front end. To the point that my tires are still getting into my fenders when the jeep is fully loaded with tools and the hard top on.
That's what this entire thread is about. The necessity of large extended bump stops with aftermarket track bars and diff covers. From your previous posts it sounded as if you were going to prove that wrong. Your pictures show otherwise.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #1514
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post
2" is Huge?

The first four photos show the jounce bumpers removed. And there is no possible driving scenario in which my 2" aluminum bump stop extensions would be forced to compress to a measurement less than 2". What's the point in testing with them removed? I still have gobs of up travel in the front end. To the point that my tires are still getting into my fenders when the jeep is fully loaded with tools and the hard top on.
Trim the coil bucket. Your bump stops look good to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase559 View Post
That's what this entire thread is about. The necessity of large extended bump stops with aftermarket track bars and diff covers. From your previous posts it sounded as if you were going to prove that wrong. Your pictures show otherwise.
I don't think that's the point of this thread. I run similar bump stops up front. There's no way around it and there's nothing 'incorrect' about it.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #1515
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan, Michigan
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Jay View Post

2" is Huge?

The first four photos show the jounce bumpers removed. And there is no possible driving scenario in which my 2" aluminum bump stop extensions would be forced to compress to a measurement less than 2". What's the point in testing with them removed? I still have gobs of up travel in the front end. To the point that my tires are still getting into my fenders when the jeep is fully loaded with tools and the hard top on.
I understand you had them off in those pictures. My point and the point this thread has already made is these track bars don't fit an aftermarket diff cover without at least 2" of bump stop extension , and , or modifications to the cover. You have just reconfirmed what this thread has been saying.

Adjust the track bar, remove the jounces, bump stop extensions and repeat the test. It will not clear!
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tj , track bar
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.