tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #136
matt240
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the RC x 4in Lift and it is hitting i just put the lift in a few weeks a go. i have to try and adjust the arms i guess...??? Pics soon..

matt240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #137
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwacker View Post
I just installed the Pro Comp JTB400 adjustable trac bar on my Jeep today. I have the RC 2.5" lift with the 3/4" spacer up front. I do not have any hitting issues and I flexed mine out as much as it could.

Paul
pics? please..

they actually don't hit while flexing, they hit under compression of both springs at the same time such as jumping or simply driving over a curb...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #138
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt240 View Post
I have the RC x 4in Lift and it is hitting i just put the lift in a few weeks a go. i have to try and adjust the arms i guess...??? Pics soon..

you won't be able to adjust it out with the arms.. bumpstops will work or you can put it in a press and bend it..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #139
matt240
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks.. it will not help if i pull the diff back?? is it ok to bend it?
Unread 05-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #140
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks.. it will not help if i pull the diff back?? is it ok to bend it?

na, take a look at how far you'll have to pull the diff back and how it'll affect the wheel base and steering links...

it's a solid bar... you can bend it some, just keep in mind bending it will make it shorter, so to much bend will run you out of adjustment..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #141
matt240
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got some pics of where its hitting... do you think it will start messing up the diff? what is the best way to fix?

Unread 05-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #142
Airdoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Diff Cover...

All this trackbar interference has me worried to buy anything....few questions I could not find addressed:

1 - If running a Dana 30, what would be the lowest profile aftermarket diff cover? (thinking of buying one, and want to make sure this does not contribute to the TB clearance issue)
2 - Is there an aftermarket diff cover that will increase the TB clearance?...even if just very slightly.
3 - Verdict?....what is the best Front Trackbar to buy for a 3-4" lift? Relocation/Heavy Duty Mount included or needed? Single or Double shear?

This seems like a tremendous issue to TJ's....somebody's gotta fix...right?..

Thanks in advance!!!
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #143
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got some pics of where its hitting... do you think it will start messing up the diff? what is the best way to fix?
]

it's more likely to cause the frame end joint/threads to fail than mess up the diff cover..

I'm assuming fro the looks of it, thats a rc track bar?

looking at the pic, you have planty of adjustment there, I'd pull the bar and put it in a press or tube bender and bend it slightly at the contact point and at the axle mount end, then re adjust it for center. be sure not to bend it very much, you'll run outta adjustment, bending it makes it shorter.

if that doesn't work, the NEW HD currie track bar seems to be the one that's definately not gonna hit anything...

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 05-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #144
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdoc View Post
All this trackbar interference has me worried to buy anything....few questions I could not find addressed:

1 - If running a Dana 30, what would be the lowest profile aftermarket diff cover? (thinking of buying one, and want to make sure this does not contribute to the TB clearance issue)
2 - Is there an aftermarket diff cover that will increase the TB clearance?...even if just very slightly.
3 - Verdict?....what is the best Front Trackbar to buy for a 3-4" lift? Relocation/Heavy Duty Mount included or needed? Single or Double shear?

This seems like a tremendous issue to TJ's....somebody's gotta fix...right?..

Thanks in advance!!!
it's an issue that's been ignored and misunderstood by some....

the clayton, teraflex, RE hd, FT, and nth degree track bars have relocation braketry and are double shear on both ends... th nth has a frame brace also.
they are all recomended for lifts over 3" and need to have at least 2" bumpstops. I'm running the nth on a highly modified 2.5" lift with 2" bumpstops with great success...
currie HD has a single shear JJ with a 5/8" bolt on the frame end. there's a pic above of the currie showing off the room it has, I do not know for certain yet that it'll bolt on without modification on a lift lower than 3.5"... that is worth a phone call, which I should make myself so I know what they say.

I'm not into heavy covers myself, I should be since my ring gear is rubbing my cover from a rather large dent... warn makes a good half skid that covers the lower part of the stock diff cover..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #145
matt240
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help i will try bending it a bit this weekend.
Unread 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #146
JESSETHELJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

God Guys if your going to let your front track bar hit the Diff let it Hit the Diff lol Just like this.
Currie Anti rock, Trail gear bumpers, Rokmen tummy tuck with Eng skid, Genright Rockers
Smitty Bult XRC 10k winch
JESSETHELJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #147
mudb8

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSETHELJ View Post
God Guys if your going to let your front track bar hit the Diff let it Hit the Diff lol Just like this.
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/JESSETHEFE/CIMG2478.jpg[/IM
LOL, another JKS bites the dust....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Unread 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #148
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Simply not enought lift. Since there isnt enough spring there you need more bumpstop, JKS warns against not enough lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #149
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Simply not enought lift. Since there isnt enough spring there you need more bumpstop, JKS warns against not enough lift.
Sorry but JKS sells a trackbar for 0-3.5'' lifts and warns nobody about anything!!I repeat that i have a 2.5'' OME with 0.25'' spacers up front and a dana30 with factory diff cover and it hits.So in my book JKS is to blame and they should at least come forward and post an apologie in this GREAT thread .

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #150
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

There was another thread that talked about trackbars breaking from repeatedly hitting the diff cover. When that happens you're s**ewed! So letting them rub the cover like shown in your pic is fine but when there is less clearance and they hit with force, repeatedly, is when its not OK...
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.