tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit?

post you're front track bar specific pics and comments... what hits and what fits 0-3.5" lifts along with broken and bent ones. I'm interested in track bar and differential contact/failure.
we hear claims of jks, rusty's and other hitting and breaking.

I want to attempt to point out why and which ones have little to no issues.
I'll put all the info together in a few days that weeds out the BS. like opinions on strength... we"ll show it.

mother's day EDIT... broken and bent TRE and hiem shafts seem to be/are from clearance issues with the differential cover... several pics in this thread. still gathering info .. bent bars are from abuse, I run and hide here..

kinda like this pic of the thin re1600 and a solid rock krawler bar, which is also similar to rough country's new adjustable, Clayton, and iron rock off road...

there is a definite shape difference... here's a teraflex adjustable over a stock track bar..

I can start off with my 2.5" suspension, nth degree/aev hd solid adjustable w/frame brace.
with my 16" lower arms and 15 1/2" upper control arms it'll hit the diff cover bolts on the brace and the wj bar just barely touches the cover. it requires 2" bump stops to keep it clear and problem free.

nth with stock wj track bar..

nth with jks wj adjustable has a considerable amount more room from the cover.

this means you to rubidriver.. snap some good side views of the jks

what I figure might be a solution and alternative to the adjustable is a weld/bolt on drop bracket like Clayton's having a thick pad drilled with a tapered hole that'll potentially center the axles of 2-3" lifts with the stock track bar
and be used for adjustable that are known to have rubbing issues with tre's and jj's.

the currie HD offset IMO is the best (I should say easiest) option at this time for a front adjustable track bar...

not yer usual thin bar here....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com

Last edited by mudb8; 08-08-2009 at 11:07 PM..
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

No pics but, I've had Black Diamond and RC and never had any problems.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
No pics but, I've had Black Diamond and RC and never had any problems.
what lift height?

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
jrb470
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Rusty's that just arrived yesterday... sitting in the box...waiting to shipped back.
Unless someone can reassure me that installing this will be better than just relocating my stock track bar.
Jeep Green

Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
JKS 1.25" Body Lift & 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift
33x12.50/15 BFG All-Terrain's on 15x8 ProComp Series 51 w/ 3.75" BS
jrb470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
gabriel05
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Rusty's with the TRE frame mount. I have a 4" RC lift, no clearance issues, however I don't have discos yet. Once I disconnect it might hit. It has been installed for about 2 years and around 5k miles. I had a D30 which give me a little more room over the D44. After all this talk I debating about getting something better. I will be very interested once you compile the info.
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My Full Traction didn't hit with ~3" of lift but I snapped it. I will find out next week if the JKS one works.
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Wetsuit_Mike

My RE 3.5" kit works just fine.
Wetsuit_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i have the clayton setup... i have no issues
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
what lift height?
3-5" lifts.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
HAYSHAKER170
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed Rusty's Adjustable trackbar and it hits the diff cover just enough to scape the oily residue off. I'll try to post some pictures later. I may return it depending on your investigation. Thanks for keeping this topic alive, someones life may depend on it.
HAYSHAKER170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
jrb470
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What's weird is I have NEVER heard of this issue until a few days ago!
I can't believe it isn't a major topic of conversation when discussion lift kits, etc...
Jeep Green

Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
JKS 1.25" Body Lift & 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift
33x12.50/15 BFG All-Terrain's on 15x8 ProComp Series 51 w/ 3.75" BS
jrb470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i have a problem with mine.the 2'' bumpstops are too much imo.as far as front lca go i have the re fixed ones and cam bolts that have taken the lca all the way back to the end of their adjustment.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/jks-adj-trackbar-hitting-dana-30-diff-cover-700145/

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
MEnginerd
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I bought a rubicon express because of the known issue between JKS and the D44 cover. Unfortunately the RE has the same issue....

I run an OME HD spring, 3/4" spacer, and have 2 hockey pucks per side for bump stop extensions.

To make this discussion more valuable, I think it would help if people skip their lift height, and describe:
Bump Stop Extension Length
Controls arms (stock or modified length)
Diff model and cover brand if aftermarket
?Shock Length? (Might be nice to know, but I don't think droop on the passenger side matters here)
Edit: I'll add that the contact on my diff cover is VERY suttle, only slightly affecting the paint. Obviously there is some bind and distortion at full compression if there is contact which isn't good, but its not much. I haven't taken any action yet because I was hoping to find a welded style aftermarket diff cover which will actually increase clearance, no idea if one actually exists and haven't had a chance to look into it more.

-Brent
- 06 LJ Rubicon 34" LTB's / 33" MTZs, OME Springs/Shocks, RE FTB, JKS RTB & 1.25BL, Brown Dog MML, Fabtech F Bump, Warn M8000 on AtoZ plate, ORF R Bumper & Rack, AR CAI, Banks Catback, Hi-Lift, Midland 75-822, Dual MF1050 Comp, Clayton Skids, Kilby Gas Skid
- 94 Firebird Formula, 02 Softail Deuce, 86 GSXR750
- RIP 97 TJ, 83 CJ7, 87 TType

Last edited by MEnginerd; 03-26-2009 at 04:35 PM..
MEnginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
SB99TJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYSHAKER170 View Post
I just installed Rusty's Adjustable trackbar and it hits the diff cover just enough to scape the oily residue off. I'll try to post some pictures later. I may return it depending on your investigation. Thanks for keeping this topic alive, someones life may depend on it.
I would take that thing off immediately. I had the Rusty's and it did the same thing. It snapped and nearly killed me at 50+mph. You are gambling with your life and the life of anybody that rides in that Jeep. Do you enjoy eating through a straw?

This is not something you want to experiment with my friends. If it snaps, you LOSE your steering. You can hold on at low speeds, but if it snaps at higher speed on a little road dip like mine, you will need both sides of the road to stop...thats IF you don't roll first.

I tried to post the pic but it wont work. I just get the red x. Just look at the other threads on the Rusty's stuff and track bar.
AEV Argent Pintlers
AEV front bumper with Superwinch EPI9000

Last edited by SB99TJ; 03-26-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: working on resizing pic
SB99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
topfuel83
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a BDS front adjustable, 2" BDS Spring lift, stock control arms, and stock bump stops. I have no rubbing issues at full coil bind.
33" BFG KM2's on AR Baja Wheels

><> Ryan
topfuel83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.