TJ frame rust HELP!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ frame rust HELP!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
SadlyStock
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Frame shop has the frame hopefully it turns put good and have it back sometime next week to start prepping it and such.

Looking at the possibilitys of lifting at the same time I do all of this. I figure all my shocks are gonna break while I take them off and I'd like to lift it any how. Looking at a rough country lift. Allot of the other options seem to be out of my price range.

SadlyStock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #17
Lastshot
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlyStock View Post
Allot of the other options seem to be out of my price range.
Spacer lift isn't expensive
gily25 Says...
Issues only become problems when you don't have the tools or time to fix it.
Mike318 Says...
I like my 4.0L like I like my ****... stroked and blown. :duhrock:
Lastshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #18
SadlyStock
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like a suspension lift
Unread 07-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #19
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Look at bds for a 2" lift or zone for a 3" or 4.25" combo lift.
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #20
SadlyStock
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok, sorry, long time no update. so I found a frame on craigslist and told the owner id take it. went to get it and I realized it was bent out of shape and that it was a newer year frame (wrong gearbox mount). talked the owner down and got a hell of a deal on the frame. although it was rust free it was bent so I took it to a local frame shop where they straightened it for me. took it home, sanded, drilled drain holes, cleaned, epoxy-primed, and bedcoated the entire frame. I swapped everything over from the old to the new frame while adding a 3" zone suspension lift. I used the original steering box so I had to relocate one mount point. have put over 1000 miles on it since the swap and all is well. just need to finish up some bs odds and ends and find some bigger tires.

any questions feel free to ask, ill try to get back and possibly post some pics. thank you for all the support.
Unread 11-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #21
JFM626
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love to see some pictures, you seem very industrious.
Unread 11-19-2014, 03:34 AM   #22
sycboi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlyStock View Post
I took it to a local frame shop where they straightened it for me.

How badly was your frame bent?! How much did the frame shop charge you to straighten the frame?!

-Michael
Unread 11-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #23
SadlyStock
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Frame was bent pretty good. Twisted. Not diamond . Frame shop said frame must have been ran over with a heavy piece of machinery or something to bend it the way it was bent. But they got everything pretty Dang straight. My body went practly directly on with little issue. As for price I am not really sure what it would regularly cost. It was kind of a bartering deal. Seems my recent luck with phones has caused me to lose all my jeep pictures. I will have to try and find some or take some new ones.

Other things I did while frame swapping were... All new brake lines , gently used gas tank skid pan, came with frame (mine was ready to fall off), new hardware in a few places. Oil pan and gasket. Rear main seal. Valve cover gasket. Checked on the clutch. Serp Belt. changed Fluids in front and rear diffs and gearbox. and new Evap lines.

Tags
frame , holes , rust , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.