tj dana44 under yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tj dana44 under yj

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

tj dana44 under yj

ok i have a yj but i have a tj related question. i know a guy selling d44 tj axels with 4.88s arbs and 33 spline superior shafts. what i need to know is how the front axles on tjs work without the vacume disconnect. the only thing i could find regarding this said that the tj axle uses very high quality bearings and didnt need the disconnect. this seems questionable and alittle incomplete. id like to stick the tj d44 under my yj. the fabrication in terms of bracketry and welding is not a problem, its just what to do in terms of the disconnect. dont want to go with the hub conversions, never been a fan of that. if anyone can shed some light that would be great.

fratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

It shouldn't be a problem. There isn't any power to the axle unless in 4wd.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #3
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

thanks, thats my thinking. not sure what to do with the vacume hoses and wires.
fratis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.