TJ 4.0 Stumble? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ 4.0 Stumble?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #46
jeeptjrn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just replaced 02 sensor with no code and hasn't stumbled since

jeeptjrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #47
bmxboy809
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ITS BACK!

Similar symptoms, it stutters on the highway or under heavy load. It has been steadily getting worse over the last few weeks, and now has gotten to the point I cant drive it to work. One new symptom is a P1391 trouble code.

So far I changed the CKP sensor and tested the TPS. New cap and rotor.

I pulled the Ignition pickup off the distributor and when I bend/roll the wires it sounds like they may be cracked, possible from heat? I am replacing the Pickup under warranty tomorrow.

also when I was looking around today, I noticed the ECM was pretty warm. I just got back from a 20 min highway ride from work but the ECM seemed exceptionally hot. Should I be concerned about this?
Unread 06-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #48
Bville-Bud

Just a heads up, I had a 98 Cherokee with similar issues. Changed the front O2 sensor and fixed it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/c...n-cold-759038/
Bville-Bud is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.