TJ 2.4 throttle body spacer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ 2.4 throttle body spacer

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
DiegoTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ 2.4 throttle body spacer

Hello,

Im sorry my English is not very good, Im Spanish.

Im looking back for some information, becouse here is really dificult to know about some things. I have a 2005 TJ 2.4 with 6 gears, and I want to get some engine performance.

There are some people here that mounted Airaid cold air intake sistem, jet stage 2 and throttle body spacer and say that the engine gets amazing improvement, only if you mount the three things. The problem I have is to find that body spacer for the 2.4 engine, and I heard that the model that fits this engine is the same as a PT cruiser. Can you please confirm this to me? Please tell me a reference or link me to a shop so I can search for this item.

Thank you very much.

DiegoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
03rubiconMG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i found that the air raid intake and an exhaust did increase a quickness of revving a little more power and better gas mileage but as far as a throttle body spacer goes, they way the newer jeeps throttle bodies are designed they already do what a throttle body spacer is suposed to do.

I say do the intake and exhaust but stay away from the throttle body spacer.

Isnt a jet for a carbeurator?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/...376a0a33_o.jpg
03rubiconMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoTJ View Post
Hello,

Im looking back for some information, becouse here is really dificult to know about some things. I have a 2005 TJ 2.4 with 6 gears, and I want to get some engine performance.

There are some people here that mounted Airaid cold air intake sistem, jet stage 2 and throttle body spacer and say that the engine gets amazing improvement, only if you mount the three things. The problem I have is to find that body spacer for the 2.4 engine, and I heard that the model that fits this engine is the same as a PT cruiser. Can you please confirm this to me? Please tell me a reference or link me to a shop so I can search for this item.

Thank you very much.
Waste of money IMO. Save the money for regearing your axles...
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Sudcalifornio
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoTJ View Post
Hello,

Thank you very much.
a lo mejor es ya tarde. el motor 2.4l no aplica el uso del espaciador, si quieres agregar algunos caballos de fuerza el sistema de entrada de aire frio ayuda, instalas bujias e3 y el chip stage 1. no uses el numero 2 a no ser que hagas cambios super radicales ojala y te sirva esta informacion yo tengo el mismo jeep que vos
Sudcalifornio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

E3 spark plugs do not/cannot/will not add power. The ONLY time E3 spark plugs will make more power is if the plugs they replaced were completely worn out/totally bad where any new plug would also restore the power.

If you look up E3 in the dictionary, it gives you a picture of a snake oil salesman convincing the gullible to buy his product.

And while spacers work wonders under carburetors & first-generation throttle bodies that had a fuel injector resulting in an air/fuel mixture passing through them, they do nothing when placed under a modern throttle body that passes nothing but air. The fuel is directly injected into the cylinders well below the throttle body.
snake-oil.jpg

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Changing to an aftermarket air intake and exhaust isn't going to give the 2.4L engine anymore power.

Any chip is snake oil also...
Knuckelhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.4l , performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.