Tires Size. Should I remove 3" BL? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Morgan_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tires Size. Should I remove 3" BL?

I know opions are like elbows but I am looking for some feed back. When I bought my jeep it had a 3" body lift already installed and I have recently installed a 4" suspension lift. I am running 33" tires and I am debating on whether or not to remove the 3" body lift. See the attached pic and let me know if you think there is too much spacing between the tire and fenders. I dont want to cruise around looking like a dork with tires that look to small.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20130616_153048_695.jpg   IMG_20130616_153036_291.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Remove it. If I had the funds to do a 3-4 inch suspension lift, I would remove the body lift installed by a prior owner.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty much everyone around here is going to tell you to remove the 3" BL, or cut it down to 1".

My RHD TJ - Savvy equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #4 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 AM
JBTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, that much of a BL is uglier than sin.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just to clarify, I would only cut it to 1" instead of removal if you plan on a raised belly skid in the future.

Quote:
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

For the LOVE OF GOD man,REMOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The little magic fairies I grind up and use for the BMB pads have to be toasted first and that turns them a very dark brown color which produces a near black dust when you brake so it shows up easier.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Just to clarify, I would only cut it to 1" instead of removal if you plan on a raised belly skid in the future.
Wouldn't be easier to buy a 1.25" BL? With all the crap that'll have to be removed with a 3" BL.Fan shroud 3" relocation brackets,3" grill supports,3" t case shifter bracket,3" shifter extender (if it's a 5 speed),3" longer fuel filler hose,steering linkage brace.

Quote:
The little magic fairies I grind up and use for the BMB pads have to be toasted first and that turns them a very dark brown color which produces a near black dust when you brake so it shows up easier.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 11:58 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan_TJ View Post
I know opions are like elbows but I am looking for some feed back. When I bought my jeep it had a 3" body lift already installed and I have recently installed a 4" suspension lift. I am running 33" tires and I am debating on whether or not to remove the 3" body lift. See the attached pic and let me know if you think there is too much spacing between the tire and fenders. I dont want to cruise around looking like a dork with tires that look to small.
Your profile says it's a 2" BL.

Quote:
post #9 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Wouldn't be easier to buy a 1.25" BL? With all the crap that'll have to be removed with a 3" BL.Fan shroud 3" relocation brackets,3" grill supports,3" t case shifter bracket,3" shifter extender (if it's a 5 speed),3" longer fuel filler hose,steering linkage brace.
You would know that better than me. I've never installed, removed, or modified any BL over 1.25" on a Jeep...

Quote:
post #10 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I prefer a 4" lift with stock tires.

Quote:
post #11 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 PM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
You would know that better than me. I've never installed, removed, or modified any BL over 1.25" on a Jeep...
It's a PITA! I removed one on my buddy's YJ.I don't know why they even make them.

Quote:
post #12 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 PM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
...I don't know why they even make them...
Because people continue to buy them.

Quote:
post #13 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Morgan_TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies. The worst part about this is that i have to cut the nerf bars off so the body can come down. The previous owner welded the bars to the frame so that the tube rises about an 1 1/2" over the top of the frame. This will be a PITA to remove but I thought I would ask for some feed back.
post #14 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan_TJ View Post
Thanks for the replies. The worst part about this is that i have to cut the nerf bars off so the body can come down. The previous owner welded the bars to the frame so that the tube rises about an 1 1/2" over the top.
Tell the heaviest women in the neighborhood that you're doing a sexy big girls edition calender photo shoot and to stand on your nerf bars.When they fall off under the heavy pressure,buy them all a McDonalds $1 double cheeseburger and send them on their way.

Quote:
post #15 of 16 Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman
Or to add in a MML to get rid of some tcase drop

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore

Tags
lifts , spacing , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.