Tire Size Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire Size Help

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
TJjason
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tire Size Help

Hey all

So right now I have the stock wheels that came with my jeep but I am looking at purchasing some 15x10 rims and running 33" Duratracs.

Just have two questions:
1. Will the 33's fit with a 2" budget boost and 4" offset in the wheels?

2. Are the Duratracs any good?

Thanks for the help.

TJjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
dlysle
2006 LJ Wrangler 

15x10 wheels may be pushing it, i know a lot of people run them that way but i would stay with a 15x8, especially if you are going to use it offroad and air down, an 8 inch rim will hold the bead better at lower pressure.

as for the 2" BB, some will tell you it won't work, but i did it. i didn't wheel it that way, but the only time i got rubbing was when my sway bar shifts to the driverside a little and then when i make tight right turns it rubs. after a few months i swapped out the front spacer for V8 ZJ springs (2.25" of lift vs 1.75 fron the spacer), i still have the BB spacer in the rear. i like how it rides and looks, and i was able to do it without spending $800 on a full blown lift kit.

first pic is with the BB only, second is with the ZJ springs. BTW, those are the stock 15x8 ravine wheels with a 1.25" wheel spacer.
100_5779.jpg   donepass1.jpg  

'four wheel drive only allows you to get stuck in more inaccessible places' - George Noll
dlysle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
wkrowe65
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I agree. You want 15x8 wheels, then you will not need wheel spacers.
wkrowe65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
stuntjumper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Duratrac's are awesome, too bad they don't make 'em in 35's. Great snow tire and great mix for wheeling and regular road driving. If you are looking to wheel around here with 33's you'll want something more than a 2" BB. At least put a 1.25" BL with it, but I'd go at least 2.5" SL as well. And like said above, go 15x8 instead of 15x10.

'98 - 4.0 - HP30 Front, 8.8 Rear, 4.88 -1.25" BL, Brown Dog 1" MML, 3.5" RE springs and crappy shocks - 33" Goodyear Duratrac on Crager soft 8's 15x8 - Toys By Troy front roll cage and custom welded rear roll cage addition.
stuntjumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duratrac , goodyear , lift and tire combination

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.