Tire pressure for 31-10.5-15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire pressure for 31-10.5-15

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 04-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #1
customjeeptj

Tire pressure for 31-10.5-15

What would be the best tire pressure for that size tires.

customjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2004, 11:05 AM   #2
powerstroke01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to know too..
Unread 04-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Would it depend on Rim size, i.e. 15x7, 15x8?
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #4
DirtyRedTJ

On a 15 x 8 rim, I would run about 30 psi street and 15 psi off road. For a 15 x 7, I would drop the street pressure a little.

If you do some searching you can find a link to the chalk test, which is really the best way to set you psi.

1998 SE, 4 Gerbils , 5 speed,
D30 Front, Diff Guards, QD's,
3" Black Diamond springs, Rough Country LCAs,
Pro Comp es3000's, 2" bl, 8,000lb winch,
TB spacer, K&N, Electric Fan, hand throttle,
CB, Seat covers, chopped bumper,
33 x 12.50 Truxus MTs, AR wheels,
Rocker guards, Lights, High Lift ...

[COLOR=darkred]Certain Death Jeep Club Member #2[ /COLOR]

2002 WJ 31x11x16 Thornbirds, Westin Safari Bar
DirtyRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
doorocks
Web Wheeler

I run my 31/10.5 on 15x8 at 26-28 psi. Ride great. You take the weight of your TJ and divide the weight equally in pressure on all 4 tires.

ex: TJ weighs 4000, that's 1000 per tire. Your tire at 50 psi will sustain 2000 pounds of weight(max) Since your tires are only holding 1000, you half the inflation maximum. 25psi. plus change for a little extra. By plus change I mean 2 pounds.

This is a general equation but fairly accurate. Jerry B. has a better explanation that I do, but it is pretty similar.

Steve

RE 3.5 and all kinds of other relevant goodies, you know winch and stuff.

[COLOR=Red][B]Life is like walking into the No Chance Bar full of Future Darwin Stories........[/B][/COLOR]

More mods than a hillbilly's set of teeth..
doorocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #6
el golfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorocks
I run my 31/10.5 on 15x8 at 26-28 psi. Ride great. You take the weight of your TJ and divide the weight equally in pressure on all 4 tires.

ex: TJ weighs 4000, that's 1000 per tire. Your tire at 50 psi will sustain 2000 pounds of weight(max) Since your tires are only holding 1000, you half the inflation maximum. 25psi. plus change for a little extra. By plus change I mean 2 pounds.

This is a general equation but fairly accurate. Jerry B. has a better explanation that I do, but it is pretty similar.

Steve
great responce,i do the same,but when i am on the beach i drop it to 11psi with no problems,while in town i run 28 psi with no problems after 25k
Unread 04-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #7
powerstroke01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So 28-30 then huh????????????????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.