Tire Dilemma - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire Dilemma

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 08-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Kentuckyarms
2012 JK Wrangler 

Tire Dilemma

Here is the deal..... I have a 1" BL on right now. I have a REBB sitting in the garage ready to go on.
In order to run 32X11.50X15's I will need to purchase wheel spacers. Wheel spacers will be about $62.00 a wheel. I want to keep my stock rims.
I have seen guys with 33X10.50X15's with no wheel spacers. I can get tires this size for around $42.00 a tire more. This would save $20.00 a wheel and $60.00 on the whole project. Can I run 33X10.50X15's with just a 1"BL and a REBB?

RE 2" Budget Boost
285/75/16 MT
Kentuckyarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

yep!
alot of guys run that set-up, and are very happy.

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
mjkolb02tj
Stupid is as Stupid does

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am not running 33's but rather 31" X 10.5" on my stock rims. The height of the tire should not be a problem since you have a 1"bl and a 2" bb but where you may run into a problem is in the tire width. You may notice the tires rubbing when you are full steer. That can be solved by adjusting you steer stops which is what I did and I believe many others also have done it. Here is a link to a good write-up. http://www.4x4xplor.com/steerstop.html

Hope that helps.
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeeJay
That'd suck. You must not go topless as much as I do.
SAVE PARAGON! Visit www.saveparagonap.com to get more information.
mjkolb02tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes you can run that set-up. Keep in mind you will get some rubbing especially disco'd with 33s. While you don't need wheel spacers with 10.5" tires, you probably will need to add a couple of washers on the steering stops to prevent rubbing. Afterall, stock is 9.5" so one inch bigger could create minor rubbing without the proper backspacing.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
pismo61
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No rubbing with 32x11.5s with ravine wheels.However the rear spring perches come with in a 1/2 inch, still no rubbing yet. I have no washers in front on the turn stops and still no rubbing on full turns.Again I have not don these monuvers on full flex.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.