Time to swap the 35 for a 44. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Time to swap the 35 for a 44.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
Ethan03

Time to swap the 35 for a 44.

Right,

I have a 4banger. I bold this information because it's important to remember And I'm currently running 31s on a 3 inch rough country lift with 4.11 gears. I've been considering swapping out the rough country lift for rubicon coils to lower the jeep to 2 inches. Which brings me to my question.

I won't have time to do the install myself (the dana 44 install) so I was looking at kits on Jeeps are us. Which is the best in your opinion? I do not plan on going beyond 31s. Here's the page with the choices

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...Code=Wrangler1

I'm completely new to this guys so let me know what I need (lockers, gear type, etc). And take into consideration that I live in miami (raining here a lot lately so I want to upgrade to the disc brakes in the rear)

Ethan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 05:12 AM   #2
jappe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am working to put this housing

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...Code=Wrangler1

and Superior dana44 kit with 33 spline axles and detroit locker to my Jeep.
Gears are 4.88 and 35" tires. I am going to use old brakes.

I broke 3 rear axle shafts and I want stronger ones. That why 33 spline.
Stock dana44 are 30 spline.

4" Teraflex and 1" body lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.