Time to lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Time to lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
packersxxxi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Time to lift

ok so ive been saving up and its finally time for me to lift my jeep. Just wanted to ask some more experienced jeepers a few questions before i pull the trigger. I plan on purchasing a 3" zone suspension lift with the nitro gas shocks. The kit says that it come with a transfer case drop, but i want to get a SYE and a cv drive shaft. So my question is this... do i need to drop the t-case if i buy the SYE and cv? and where would you recommend i buy the SYE and CV from? Also the lift says that i need 3.5" backspacing and the rims i want are 3 5/8"... will that work? again im new to this so any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 95,000 miles, Jensen VM9214, Sony Xplode 12", Kenwood 350w amp, KC Hilites 130w Long Range lights, Warn VR8000 Winch.. Build List: 3" BDS Suspension Lift with Fox 2.0 shocks, Pro Comp Rock Crawler 152 Rims, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R's, LOD Rear Bumper, Metalcloaks front and rear, tom wood's SYE and CV driveshaft
packersxxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

no need for the tc drop if you are doing a sye and cv shaft

3 5/8" bs will be fine, for 12.5" wide tires, i'm running 4" bs and just barely rubs
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersxxxi
ok so ive been saving up and its finally time for me to lift my jeep. Just wanted to ask some more experienced jeepers a few questions before i pull the trigger. I plan on purchasing a 3" zone suspension lift with the nitro gas shocks. The kit says that it come with a transfer case drop, but i want to get a SYE and a cv drive shaft. So my question is this... do i need to drop the t-case if i buy the SYE and cv? and where would you recommend i buy the SYE and CV from? Also the lift says that i need 3.5" backspacing and the rims i want are 3 5/8"... will that work? again im new to this so any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!
Can't help you on the SYE but a lot of people swear by Tom Woods as far as the DS is concerned.

3 5/8 BS will work fine.

Tags
backspacing measurement , lift advice , sye/cv driveshaft , zone 3" lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.