tilt and slide - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tilt and slide

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

tilt and slide

i have a 97 tj, which only has a passenger side tilt and slide seat
i was wondering if it would be possible to take a tilt and slide frame and put it on my driver seat?

dcfeeiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 97 and both the right and the left seat have that feature.

sahara - don't know if that makes a difference but it has both.
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The driver's seat should tilt & slide...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thamol...e2.jpg&.src=ph

The mechanism is probably just broken.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
SJP
TJ Wrangler 

My '97 SE had a driver seat with a fixed riser, and no loop to yank the seatback forward without trying to get at the little lever behind the seat. I replaced it with a later seat with the loop, and now the seatback tilts forward, but the whole seat does not completely move toward the steering wheel, which is a function of the riser.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it will work, but will work best with the pull tab on the side of the backrest. Also, keep in mind that the seat risers decreased in height as the years went by, so it would be best to find an earlier one to maintain your stock seat height.
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
dm0ney
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ
The driver's seat should tilt & slide... The mechanism is probably just broken.
My '99 Sport also has a fixed driver seat. Meaning it won't swing up and forward like the passenger seat to allow someone to climb into the back, it can only be adjusted to slide back & forth on the track and the seat can be adjusted to lean forward/back. It's been like this since I drove it off the dealer's lot. Definitely a different mechanism underneath, so it's not "just broken".
dm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

same here 04 rubi, my 98 they both went up and forward
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i know 98 and after all have (or should have) tilt and slide functions on both the passenger and driver side
dcfeeiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

My 99 is the same, tilt and slide on passenger, not on driver

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.