Tie Rod Upgrade Deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tie Rod Upgrade Deal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
2KJEEPMAN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tie Rod Upgrade Deal?

I am interested in doing a tie rod upgrade to my 2000 TJ Sahara and I came across this. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ada_10185837-p

Would this work as an upgrade? I know I could get the parts from rock but this is free shipping and there is a $50 discount with code DOW20 if you spend over $125.

Is this a deal?

2KJEEPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

If those pictures are accurate, no. That's the wrong part of a ZJ tie rod swap. If you order from AA, I used this parts list:

Part No ES3096L
Part No DS1312
Part No ES2079S

My total was $132.44 a few months ago with the discounts.

However, I will be replacing with an aluminum alloy rod with 1 ton joints next week that a friend is selling.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yeah that is not the correct parts. You should be able to get all the parts needed from advance though for around the 140 dollar price range. They had them all in stock when I bought mine a couple weeks ago. Just tell them that you need the entire tie rod assembly from a 98 or old ZJ with the v8. The part numbers above are correct as well.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.