Ticking is driving me nuts! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ticking is driving me nuts!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So pull the intake and exhaust manifold, and inspect for the all too common craked exhaust manifold, which gives a nice ticking sound. If I'm wrong, you're out the cost of a gasket... if not, whatever sanity you started with may return when you replace the exhaust manifold.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am getting the exact same noise and it just started after I did an oil change. Since it was fine before the oil change I am pointing the finger at the oil filter. I have heard people complain on here that FRAM oil filters can cause this same problem and that is what I put on. I can't wait to get home tonight and change my filter.

This is one of the many similar replies I have read: "I've been told that your oil filter anti-drainback valve sticking could cause this. Fram filters are supposed to be the largest culprits."

I am really keeping my fingers crossed on this one!!!

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ticking , piston , engine , motor , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.