thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Raptor here. Love it.....no fading, cleans out easy, goes on nice. It could be a bit tougher but I just touch it up whenever it gets dinged. My transmission must run cooler than most because I can touch any area after being on the highway for an hour with no problem.
x2. It could be a lil thicker but it does the job for me. Upol is great stuff and if you prep and apply correctly it'll last a while. The only chips I have in it are from the 5500 watt generator I hauled back there from the repair shop and from when I dropped my hi lift jack on it. Small chips, nothing major lil duplicolor rattle can bedliner touch up will take care of it.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
longbluerubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I removed the carpet about a month ago. xtra heat not too bad. I did buy a roll of gray auto carpet at Big Lots for $8, plan to cut pieces that will generally fit to help with heat and sound (with proper holddowns of course), but plan on lining the tub first. Line-x nice (had it in a previous pickup) but real expensive. Planning on a DIY. Was thinking about an Al's Liner, heard good things about it. Still researching.
1" BL, JKS adj front & rear trackbars, JKS discos
33" BFG A/T
longbluerubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
jshamis1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the prep goes I used 220 grit sand paper to scuff everything up. They supply one green scrub pad with the kit, but I felt it wasn't going to last very long or do a good job. Once everything is scuffed up vacuumed then tape off and wipe down with Acetone. Then spay it on use low pressure like 40 lbs or less (practice on a piece of card board till you get a good pattern). I let first coat sit about an hour then did second coat, again I let it sit an hour, and then I peeled off the tape. This is a must don't let the coating dry or you will have to use a razor blade to get the masking tape off! One other tip leave your drain plugs in! Then after the tub dries use a razor to free them up! Good luck!
jshamis1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed liner , tj , wrangler , advice , help , pros , cons

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.