thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj

Trailing Arms!JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Raptor here. Love it.....no fading, cleans out easy, goes on nice. It could be a bit tougher but I just touch it up whenever it gets dinged. My transmission must run cooler than most because I can touch any area after being on the highway for an hour with no problem.
x2. It could be a lil thicker but it does the job for me. Upol is great stuff and if you prep and apply correctly it'll last a while. The only chips I have in it are from the 5500 watt generator I hauled back there from the repair shop and from when I dropped my hi lift jack on it. Small chips, nothing major lil duplicolor rattle can bedliner touch up will take care of it.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
longbluerubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I removed the carpet about a month ago. xtra heat not too bad. I did buy a roll of gray auto carpet at Big Lots for $8, plan to cut pieces that will generally fit to help with heat and sound (with proper holddowns of course), but plan on lining the tub first. Line-x nice (had it in a previous pickup) but real expensive. Planning on a DIY. Was thinking about an Al's Liner, heard good things about it. Still researching.
1" BL, JKS adj front & rear trackbars, JKS discos
33" BFG A/T
longbluerubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
jshamis1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the prep goes I used 220 grit sand paper to scuff everything up. They supply one green scrub pad with the kit, but I felt it wasn't going to last very long or do a good job. Once everything is scuffed up vacuumed then tape off and wipe down with Acetone. Then spay it on use low pressure like 40 lbs or less (practice on a piece of card board till you get a good pattern). I let first coat sit about an hour then did second coat, again I let it sit an hour, and then I peeled off the tape. This is a must don't let the coating dry or you will have to use a razor blade to get the masking tape off! One other tip leave your drain plugs in! Then after the tub dries use a razor to free them up! Good luck!
jshamis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , tj , wrangler , advice , help , pros , cons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.