JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/thinking-about-spray-bed-liner-my-tj-1061521/)

2000TJMan 07-01-2010 11:54 AM

thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj

im thinking about a spray in bed liner for my tj and was wondering about the pros and cons and mainly about after the carpet is gone is it loud or was the carpet not much of a sound deadner anyways

GOTROX 07-01-2010 12:01 PM

I have LineX in my TJ Tub.

Pros - Easy to Clean, tough, looks nice

Cons - Loud, Hot Feet (Heat from Tranny tunnel), if you install it without proper prep work, it can peel.

I WOULD do it again, probably sooner next time :rolleyes:

scs2016 07-01-2010 01:01 PM

Rhino Hardlined about three years and couldn't be happier with it. Practically bulletproof, super easy to clean, looks great. The only downside is the cost.

xjfever 07-01-2010 01:13 PM

The heat sucks in the summer, I covered mine with new carpet and padding to reduce the heat coming from the trans. tunnel.

unbreakable 07-01-2010 02:18 PM

I did mine with Gatorguard and am very happy with it. It took a little prep time but it was better than paying LineX 700.00

ehron 07-01-2010 03:06 PM

I really like not having carpet to worry about, but I will second the complaints on heat from the floor. Also, I suspect it is louder in the cab with no carpet, though I don't have a frame of reference for comparison.

USAFRecon 07-01-2010 03:11 PM

Talk to Luckrider he works for Monsterliner :teehee:

Jokin about him workin for them but I have heard some great things about Monsterliner. :thumbsup:

PROS as said easy to clean, don't have to worry about staining carpet or getting wet so you can leave the top off all year round if you wanted

CONS gets hot as balls in the summer but thats why you take the top off :D

jshamis1 07-01-2010 03:23 PM

Just sprayed mine with Hurculiner... very happy with results. It looks fantastic!

tjsean0308 07-01-2010 03:48 PM

I did the U-pol stuff
Pros: lots of auto paint shops are starting to carry it around here at least, very easy to spray, has held up great i have abused the heck out of mine firewood metal toolboxes dragged in and out of the back. No problems. its cost effective.
Cons: Hot inside when in traffic on a summer day. Added a fair amount of road noise to my rig not a crazy amount.

MisfitSeven 07-01-2010 03:53 PM

i ran no carpet for 2 years before i sprayed Herculiner on the inside of my tub. it does deaden the road sound compared to no carpet. i absolutely love it.

next time i would try the duplicolor truck armor. it has kevlar in it.

Imped 07-01-2010 04:01 PM

Raptor here. Love it.....no fading, cleans out easy, goes on nice. It could be a bit tougher but I just touch it up whenever it gets dinged. My transmission must run cooler than most because I can touch any area after being on the highway for an hour with no problem.

fduncan 07-02-2010 07:13 PM

I put Monsterliner in mine this spring and I like it. I can't really tell a lot of difference in the noise or heat but I still have a piece of carpet in the back for my dog to lie on. One of the best things I've done to my Jeep.

leaf777 07-20-2010 07:00 AM

I was thinking about ditching the carpet and going for a liner. What sort of prices should I expect? Also do these spray on, can I use a paint gun? I thought it would be a roll on application?

jshamis1 07-20-2010 07:24 AM

I used Hurculiner that can be rolled on, but I borrowed an under coat gun and sprayed it on. The finished job after two coats was perfect everyone that has seen it loves it. I don't know how well it looks rolled on... The cost was $85 bucks for a gallon at Advanced Auto. You will need some painters tape, paper or plastic to cover what you don't want covered, and some Acetone or Xylene. All said and done I think I spent two days (one full day of prep.) and about $100 dollars. It was well worth it. I got caught with the top off Sunday in the rain. I just pulled the drain plugs and I was off! No wet smelly carpets! Good luck, prep is everything, take your time and do it right!

leaf777 07-20-2010 07:56 AM

Nice, $100 is what I expected for a DIY, undercoat gun huh, have to look into that. Whats involved with prep? Mask off and a good wash? PS: Just check Ebay, they have an undercoat gun for $20... Thanks

The time now is 08:38 AM.