Think im gonna buy a Tj... Need assistance.. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Think im gonna buy a Tj... Need assistance..

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that's good to know. Thanks again. I never knew they bolted right on to the factory wrangler rails.

mtber7828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanfly64 View Post
...If you want the Mack daddy go buy same year seats out of a Grand Cherokee. Heated, leather and PLUSH. 150.00 for both sides and they bolt onto your stock rails. Just a little trimming of the outboard plastic piece so it fits by the seat belt retractor in the rear most position.
Did you get the heat and buttons wired up? Looks really good, but i have to wonder how the leather and electrical will hold up to the elements with the top off.
jjvw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #18
Trespasser
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Also, do those GC seats still fold and tumble fully? Just curious
Trespasser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
plentyofenergy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That was a good buy for $5k imo!
plentyofenergy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
mtber7828
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, it does need a little work. I think it has some vibration at higher speed. I'm not sure because this is the first time I've ever driven a jeep. I checked under it today and I did notice my driveshaft has some play in it. The play is .040-.050 front to back play( not really much side to side slop). I do notice that the seal is seaping a little oil. Is there a bearing in there? Maybe that's gone and ruined the seal. I'm going to put another post on here later after I look into it more. Thanks again
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
Deanfly64
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw

Did you get the heat and buttons wired up? Looks really good, but i have to wonder how the leather and electrical will hold up to the elements with the top off.
I put the seats in during winter, so as odd as it sounds, I wanted to wait and do the wiring in the warm weather. It's on my to do list before the snow flys this winter.
If you are going to do this and make the seats heat, you need to grab the controller out of the center console of the donor vehicle. To clarify for the next poster's question, you need to remove the GC power rails from the seats and bolt to the manual rails out of the TJ, the slides will be manual. You will however, be able to retain the power back angle adjustment and power lumbar if equipped. The fold and tilt will not work the same, as the seat back remains fixed (power option as mentioned earlier). I am however, able to reach under the seat and flip the lever which will flip the seat forward just as before. The only difference is the seat back isn't so far forward. Hasn't been an issue yet. These seats are soooooo comfortable, they almost make up for the Pro Comp shocks I installed with my lift kit (I know, I know, what the he** were you thinking. Bilsteins coming soon). As for the elements acting on them, If I end up with the top down for extended periods or start wheeling through lots of water (doubtful), I'll have to get neoprene seat covers.
Deanfly64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.