Is there still a TJ Rear Stretch that works with RE LA kits? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is there still a TJ Rear Stretch that works with RE LA kits?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
michaelmaxim
2004 WJ 

Is there still a TJ Rear Stretch that works with RE LA kits?

I just picked up a new toy which is an 06 TJ with 58k miles and some work already done to it. I'm looking to stretch the TJ 6 inches or better in the rear to start.

The goal is TNT tube fenders up front and Poison Spyder Comp Cut Crusher Corners with the tube flare in the rear. It's currently setup with a 5.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit and a 2" Body Lift. I'm dropping the body lift for a 1" or 1 1/2 BL and want to do 2 1/2 or 3" springs to replace the 5 1/2" springs with to bring it back down for a lower COG. I bought it this way knowing it was too tall for my taste.

This is how it sits now. Too tall for me. Too much body lift.

I saw that Rubicon Express made a Radius Arm rear stretch kit for TJ's for a short time then stop producing them. Any reason why? I know a true 4-link is probably best but I was looking for something I could do in my garage with little to no welding skills. Maybe enlist the help of my buddy who can do some minimal welding for me but I didn't want to go fab-crazy yet due to a tight budget.

Does anyone know if the Full Traction TJ stretch kit will work with minimal mods in conjunction with the RE LA kit and belly pan or is the geometry and link setup completely different?

Any insight or a lead on a kit that will work with what I am currently running would be helpful.

This is the stance that I am after and I read that this guy did use all RE parts for his stretch.

Present: 04 WJ, 3" IRO on 32's
michaelmaxim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.