Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Is there any way to avoid drilling the track bar brackets when installing a lift?

858 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mud Junkie 
#1 ·
Is there any way to avoid drilling the track bar brackets when installing a lift? Front and Rear?

#2 ·
Hot Toddy said:
Is there any way to avoid drilling the track bar brackets when installing a lift? Front and Rear?
Drilling? You'll need to drill if you add a trackbar relocation bracket in the rear. Welding it on is another option if you don't want to drill. As for the front, no real need to drill unless the particular trackbar comes with a larger bolt, like my jks did. I had to drill the frame mount hole slightly larger to fit the larger bolt. It was a 2 min drilling job.

#5 ·
I got the front adjustable track bar from rubicon express which still required drilling the front frame mount hole to accommodate a slightly larger bolt. If you don't want to drill, make sure you ask if the mounting bolt is the same diameter as the stock bolt for the bar that you order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.