Teraflex/Rubicon Express ????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Teraflex/Rubicon Express ?????

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
bondo303

Teraflex/Rubicon Express ?????

I will be upgrading my suspension hopefully in the near future. I know many people on this forum are partial to RE. I have always liked Teraflex too. Yesterday I went to a local off road shop and I was talking to the owner and he said that he takes teraflex and RE suspension off all the time. He said that they were backyard companies and I should basically stay away from them. I talked to this guy for a while and he seems to know his stuff and he also makes some awesome trucks too, like an Escalade EXT w/6"of lift. Anyway, I still like Teraflex and RE. Does anyone have info on the Terflex longarm setup? Is anyone using this kit? I am thinking about getting this kit but I can't find too much info on it. Thanks....

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

So what does this guy recommend? I would go with RE over Teraflex.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #3
bondo303

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
So what does this guy recommend? I would go with RE over Teraflex.
He recommends the Skyjacker flex series either single or double. He is also a trailmaster dealer as well.

48 CJ2A
Unread 10-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #4
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So he is a dealer for Skyjacker? Maybe he is steering you in the direction for you to buy something from him. Just a thought, I am not trying to accuse him of doing that.

I have always heard good things about Rubicon Express and I have their 4.5" Super Flex system, no complaints here.

Have a good one,
Justin
digitalcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #5
bondo303

I think I am going to go with either the RE 3.5SF, 4.5SF or the Terflex S4T or the longarm setup. I have read tons of info on the RE kits. I am looking for info on the Terflex stuff. Any info is appreciated. Thanks....

48 CJ2A
Unread 10-26-2004, 08:23 AM   #6
Kinelar

I can tell you I am pretty displeased with my 3" Teraflex lift. I bought the vehicle used 4 years ago and it had the lift on it. Both of the adjustable rear control arms have stripped themselves out and had to be welded. Also, one of the bolts holding them on in the back snapped. Finally the procomp shocks that came with it (I would reccomend against them) have rubber bushings that have rotted out and have rusted.

I personally cant wait to put my 4.5" RE lift on this December.
Kinelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #7
Joel77
1998 TJ Wrangler 

FULL TRACTION or CURRIE.
Joel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #8
bondo303

Thanks Joel.......

I forgot that I was also looking at the FT short arm kit (not the trianglulated rear). Anyone have any info on this?

Again, thanks for any/all info..........

48 CJ2A
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #9
Coils Rule
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would not trust a guy that tried to sell skyjacker over RE any day!!! I like RE arms and tera springs. 3t springs to be specific.
Coils Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:02 AM   #10
FlexyTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxs04TJX
So he is a dealer for Skyjacker? Maybe he is steering you in the direction for you to buy something from him. Just a thought, I am not trying to accuse him of doing that.

exactly, he is a Skyjacker Dealer

both RE and TeraFlex are reputible companies that have been doing Jeep suspensions for a number of years. Skyjacker's stuff isn't "superior" by any means.
Unread 10-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #11
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Interesting that this thread came up when it did as I received an e-mail just two days ago from a Jeeper I exchange an occasional e-mail with. He said:

Stu,

I hope all is well with you.

So I have had a TeraFlex short arm lift for less than a year and am unhappy because it transfers a lot of road noise up through the poly bushings and
they have worn out already and are causing excessive axel wrap including my ever favorite thunk when I let off the case and the axel and U-Joints
unwrap.

I've seen this type of comment from a number of Jeepers, including a very close friend who finally took his Tera lift off and installed a RE lift after constantly replacing bushings on the Tera arms. I've no idea why some folks swear by Tera and some swear at them. Perhaps some wheel at a higher level and push the hardware past its limits. Not sure....but I can say that I've not received an e-mail from someone saying that they pulled their RE lift and installed something else because the RE kept giving them problems. I switched from an RE short arm to a TBT long arm during my last change....but it was not because of any problems I was having with the RE components.
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 11:10 AM   #12
PdXmAc

I'm considering the FUll-Traction 4" short arm kit as well, I'd love to hear about experiences with it.
PdXmAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #13
BigJeepJay

Alot of people on here are partial to the RE lifts and they are good quality lifts but do some research and pick what will work for your rig. I used a RockKrawler lift because I found that the componants were really heavy duty and a lot of guys up here have been running it and now swear by the kit. Skyjacker, RE, Tereflex, RockKrawler all put out good kits, so it is really up to you and what you want to do with your rig.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #14
KILLERtj

I have ran my Tera-Flex S4T for well over a year now. I absolutely love it! As long as you maintain any lift it will last long. I grease my control arms every oil change and they are in great shape.

Peace Out
KILLERtj
[COLOR=red]Red Jeep Club #5[/COLOR]
Vampire Jeep Club #6

02 Wrangler SE, Ford 8.8, 4.88's, Tera-Flex S4T, 35" MTR's

Faster than a Ferrari on rocks!
KILLERtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #15
Coils Rule
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Problem with tera arms is they twist in the middle this is not how your suspention wants to twist as it rises and falls so bind becomes an issue, RE are designed better and do not bind. Problem with RE is there springs are too stiff. I did alot of research before settling on the 3t kit. I will be changing arms out with RE when I get around to the longarms, or possibly building my own. It is my understanding that OME also make a great soft spring although I have had no experience with it.
Coils Rule is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.