Originally Posted by elmo510
i have been looking around and have narrowed my choices down to the Teraflex 3" super lift or the RE 3.5" super flex kit. what i am really wanting to do is put on some 33x12.5 tires for some weekend wheeling. i have heard some bad stories about the teraflex control arms so would i be better off getting the basic lift and buying a diffrent brand control arm. would i need the sye kit for either of these lifts? Also i live in the state of VA and i believe the law for lifts with jeeps is the bumper can't be higher than 23", would these lifts with a 33 tire put me over this. and does anyone have pics of these lifts with 33 tires.
- Regarding the lift law, check and be sure, don't rely on "I believe...."..
It would be a shame to spend money on something that you can't install.
- Regarding the bumper height with those two lifts and 33" tires:
* First, take 1/2 the diameter of your existing tires subtracted from the 33's. For instance, if you're running 30's now you'll use 1 1/2" -> (33 - 30) = 3 3/2 = 1 1/2"
* Next, if you're looking at the RE3.5" lift, and the above tire measurement to 4.5" ~ 5.0". If you're looking at the Tera lift, use 3.5", added to the tire measurement from above
* Lastly, measure your existing bumper height and add that number to it, and you'll have your new bumper height.
You don't need either of those two lifts to run 33's, nor would you need new control arms. The OME lift with a small spacer (3/4" ~ 1") lift plus a 1" ~ 1 1/4" bl will handle 33's, and provide a ton of flex, while maintaining a probable better than stock on and off road ride.