Tera Flex Rear tire carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tera Flex Rear tire carrier

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
REDPILL
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Tera Flex Rear tire carrier

I just received my Tera FLex Over sized Tire Carrier as seen HERE.

Do I have to extend my rubber bumpers out to hit the tire? There is at least a two inch gap between them and the tire now.

Thanks for your help.

JC

Matthew 6, 5-6 Read it, Follow it.
2004 unlimited Yellow
REDPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would definately space the bumpstops out to hit the tire. That is what keeps your tailgate from warping...especially now that you have added more leverage to it by pushing your tire out even further. Not sure why you bought that. My stock carrier holds my 33x12.5 and I still had to extend my bumpstops out 1". I used hockey pucks.

Edit: I now see you do not have a 1" BL yet.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't extend them, the shake & added wieght will most likely damage your gate. So the answer would be yes. You want those rubber snubbers to put some fair pressure on that tire.
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
REDPILL
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks thats what i figured. Yep no body lift as of yet. Hopefully I will do that this next fall. Until then I would like to be able to open and close my tailgate.LOL.

Thanks,

JC

Matthew 6, 5-6 Read it, Follow it.
2004 unlimited Yellow
REDPILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.