Temp shot up to just in the red in drive through - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temp shot up to just in the red in drive through

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
shdwtek
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Temp shot up to just in the red in drive through

Went through the drive through, bunch of cars, so stop and go. Started driving away, and noticed the temp was just in the red zone. I was going to pull over, but then it started to drop back down to normal.

It's about 85 degrees (f). Is this something I should be concerned about? I let it idle for a bit when I parked, and it pretty much just stayed a little past half way.

Edit: Just checked the reservoir, and there is almost no coolant in it. I've checked for leaks, but I don't see any.

shdwtek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
scottbr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Could be either a fan clutch going bad or air in the cooling system. Or both.

After it cools completely check the rad level.
scottbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
coolant , temp , temperature , red , idle , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.