temp/compass mirror? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > temp/compass mirror?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 09-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
silverstone01

temp/compass mirror?

Just wondering if anybody has ever installed one of these in a TJ. The new ones have it as an option but I was thinking of getting one for my 01 Sport. Any particular brand better? This is my first post!

silverstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
BillArf

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstone01
Just wondering if anybody has ever installed one of these in a TJ. The new ones have it as an option but I was thinking of getting one for my 01 Sport. Any particular brand better? This is my first post!

I know the '03's, 04's and '05's are already pre-wired for the Jeep version of the rear view mirror you speak of. I am not sure what year the pre-wiring for this mirror started. Anyway, for those with the pre-wired TJ's the mirror install takes but a few minutes. The price of the Jeep hardware is about $240+-. As for older Jeeps that are not pre-wired... well, if you are a bit savy in regard to automotive electrical then the mirror install regardless of year should be within your scope. For those with pre-wired Jeeps and interested in the mirror you can go here and get part numbers, etc.. http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Buildup/Elec_Mirror.htm
BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
Kerndone
I lack money

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Check this out

I picked up a mirror for about $30, and have yet to get the sensor and put it in. But it is much cheaper than the factory or aftermarket ones.

'99 TJ - work in progress...see profile

'08 WK - Silver RME, DD.
Kerndone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
silverstone01

I just finished installing a new Gentex compass/temp mirror. No problem at all! Got it from eBay.
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

I installed the one from Quadratec this summer. When I get some other projects finished I'll put together a complete write up. Running the wires out of site was the only hassle as the 2001 model has no plastic covers on the windscreen surround, so I went into the window frame itself.

The thing works real well, Compass, Temperature and Auto-Dimming. I love it. I really nice update / upgrade.

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
silverstone01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
I installed the one from Quadratec this summer. When I get some other projects finished I'll put together a complete write up. Running the wires out of site was the only hassle as the 2001 model has no plastic covers on the windscreen surround, so I went into the window frame itself.

The thing works real well, Compass, Temperature and Auto-Dimming. I love it. I really nice update / upgrade.

Same as mine, I just hid the wires behind the rubber windshield weatherstrip on top and inside the plastic moldings down the pillar. I have an 01 TJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.