T-case Shifter Bracket upgrade w/ T-case drop and body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > T-case Shifter Bracket upgrade w/ T-case drop and body lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
04<TJ>renegade
2008 JK Wrangler 

T-case Shifter Bracket upgrade w/ T-case drop and body lift

Ok so i did a lil searching and i couldn't quite come up with an answer on this...I have a t-case drop and a 1.5" body lift on my 04 TJ and i'm wondering if this would work good on a setup like this. I made a bracket for the body bracket to lower everything and it lines up good but the dang t-case won't stay in 4 lo for anything. I'm not sure what is causing this but one of the t-case brackets look like a good option but i'm just conserned about the shifter length and if it'll reach that far. With the t-case drop and the BL i'm looking at a 3" variation from stock would this be a good up grade or is there a better solution.

98 TJ 4 Banger STOCK getting a 5.2 Magnum and starting over

Carolina Crawlerz
04<TJ>renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
04<TJ>renegade
2008 JK Wrangler 

I investigated the issue more and after about an hour i realized the issue was in side the jeep not underneath...the z-box bracket that retains the shifter was denying the shifter from goin backwards...a couple hits with the cutting wheel and a couple hit with a hammer and it was notched out and works like a pro.

98 TJ 4 Banger STOCK getting a 5.2 Magnum and starting over

Carolina Crawlerz
04<TJ>renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.