SYE Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SYE Questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

SYE Questions

OK Need pointed in the right direction on this one. Here's my issue:
I am currently running a Rancho lift in an undetermined height (just bought the jeep and haven't measured) I believe it is a 2-4 inch lift. Whoever installed it didn't do an SYE kit and I have spacers under my belly skid which limits my BOA. I'm going to be going with a more complete OME hybrid kit from DPG in the future and the lift will be different. From what I have read I think it would be better to just run this one as is for now and wait until I get the lift I want on it until I go for a SYE kit. Is this correct? I don't want to spend the cash for a kit then have to spend more money if the next one is of a different height. I'd like to plan it all out so it can all go in at the same time without having to go back in and install stuff over a longer period of time to get it correct. I've done a few searches on here and have read quite a bit but I just want to make sure what is in my head is correct so I can make the purchase and install as seamless as possible. Measure twice, cut once principle. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Speed94
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered my kit from DPG. He didnt mention anything about needing to do the SYE with that kit. I got the brown dog mml though. I will most likely be doing a SYE when I do my TT though
97 TJ PD club member #007
Speed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

What do the control arms look like on your lift? Rancho makes a 2.5" kit and a cheaper 4'' kit. If your OME kit is going to be 2.5" I wouldn't worry about it, and just get the SYE now. If you have a 4" kit I would still do it now, since it's cheap to have the shaft cut shorter if you needed. Running a SYE and a CV shaft is a huge upgrade.
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

OK Thanks guys. I'll look into pricing these then and see what I can do.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sye , slip yoke eliminator

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.