SYE Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SYE Questions

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

SYE Questions

OK Need pointed in the right direction on this one. Here's my issue:
I am currently running a Rancho lift in an undetermined height (just bought the jeep and haven't measured) I believe it is a 2-4 inch lift. Whoever installed it didn't do an SYE kit and I have spacers under my belly skid which limits my BOA. I'm going to be going with a more complete OME hybrid kit from DPG in the future and the lift will be different. From what I have read I think it would be better to just run this one as is for now and wait until I get the lift I want on it until I go for a SYE kit. Is this correct? I don't want to spend the cash for a kit then have to spend more money if the next one is of a different height. I'd like to plan it all out so it can all go in at the same time without having to go back in and install stuff over a longer period of time to get it correct. I've done a few searches on here and have read quite a bit but I just want to make sure what is in my head is correct so I can make the purchase and install as seamless as possible. Measure twice, cut once principle. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Speed94
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered my kit from DPG. He didnt mention anything about needing to do the SYE with that kit. I got the brown dog mml though. I will most likely be doing a SYE when I do my TT though
97 TJ PD club member #007
Speed94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

What do the control arms look like on your lift? Rancho makes a 2.5" kit and a cheaper 4'' kit. If your OME kit is going to be 2.5" I wouldn't worry about it, and just get the SYE now. If you have a 4" kit I would still do it now, since it's cheap to have the shaft cut shorter if you needed. Running a SYE and a CV shaft is a huge upgrade.
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

OK Thanks guys. I'll look into pricing these then and see what I can do.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
sye , slip yoke eliminator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.