Swapping my 06 LJ Rubi build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Swapping my 06 LJ Rubi build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
2ndmardiv
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Swapping my 06 LJ Rubi build

Just when I get my 06 LJ Rubicon built up the way I want it, we get pregnant with twins. I love this thing but 4 kids in an LJ isn't going to work. How good are the new 2013 JK 4door Rubicons? I thought Jeep was doing a diesel sometime soon? I'm going to hate myself when I sell this.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Keep it, I regret selling mine.

I love the 2013 4 door I bought, but its no lj.

You can't all go wheeling in a new 4 door, so why sell the lj. Chances are not everyone is going to want to go on every wheeling trip.

Food for thought

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

an lj is almost as big as a jk 4dr.
if you dont fit in one, you wont fit in the other.
the new pentastar engine would be nice though.
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
rrobbins
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems like the only advantage while the kids are small would be easier access with the extra doors. Space wise either would be similar for little kiddo bet. Wouldn't want to swap my LJ for a jk. Friend of mine just did the opposite. Traded a jku for a LJ.
rrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.