Swap 97-98 TJ tub on my 04 RUBI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Swap 97-98 TJ tub on my 04 RUBI

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 07-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
rocjunkie

Swap 97-98 TJ tub on my 04 RUBI

I rolled my 04' Rubicon and am looking to swap an older 97-98 TJ tub onto my 04' Rubicon frame. Does anybody know if it will fit or do I have to use an 03-06 tub? I would be ok with drilling a couple new holes to make it fit. Any help would be appreciated.

rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocjunkie View Post
I rolled my 04' Rubicon and am looking to swap an older 97-98 TJ tub onto my 04' Rubicon frame. Does anybody know if it will fit or do I have to use an 03-06 tub? I would be ok with drilling a couple new holes to make it fit. Any help would be appreciated.
It will fit and work just fine with no drilling or modifications needed if you are only doing the body work, tub, grill, fender's etc.

There are some frame and skid changes between the two different years, but nothing that should affect you unless you get a 98.

The 98 has shorter grill snubbers that sit on a bent piece of flat sheet metal that wraps over the frame. You will need the snubbers from a 98 or remove the little platform from the frame.
Unread 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
rocjunkie

excellent. thank you.
rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , tub , swap , rubicon , fit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.